• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it falls away quickly, true, but we still have to get these two out.

Maybe they got a bit too cute in mixing the bowling up a little too much. It doesn't let the batsmen settle I suppose, but the same applies to the bowlers. Coupe of wickets breaks it wide open.
Yeah, agree with this. The plans weren't entirely clear beyond "try to get him bowled" at times. Definitely not saying that we're losing - at the absolute worst it's even IMO - but I can't help but be slightly disappointed with how we went post-tea. I mean, no one apart from Patto looked even remotely likely to get a wicket.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You'd expect that when the runs are coming from the three best players though.

You've got a five man attack, four of whom haven't played a test in India before, and the best bowler is backwater a long lay off. Maybe they got a bit too cute in mixing the bowling up a little too much. It doesn't let the batsmen settle I suppose, but the same applies to the bowlers. Coupe of wickets breaks it wide open.
Lol backwater.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah it falls away quickly, true, but we still have to get these two out.

Yeah, agree with this. The plans weren't entirely clear beyond "try to get him bowled" at times. Definitely not saying that we're losing - at the absolute worst it's even IMO - but I can't help but be slightly disappointed with how we went post-tea. I mean, no one apart from Patto looked even remotely likely to get a wicket.
If you think its even, you could win some dough:

India: $2.32
Australia $6
Draw: $2.46

uvelocity

International Coach
oh turns out its over? what time is it there now?

havent read any thread and only saw a bit in between losing fistfuls at the tab but what the **** was going on with who was bowling and when.

Teja.

Global Moderator
If you think its even, you could win some dough:

India: $2.32
Australia $6
Draw: $2.46
Haha, what the ****.

Regardless of whether I think it's even or not, Australia sure as hell is going to be lower than 6 tomorrow when India is bowled out.

After one of these guys, the only one who can stand up and bat is Ashwin and he's bowled 42 overs in the first innings.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
well my foxtel was still off so i reset it 3 times and then rang the number and it said we know its out ****

i henceforth came here to post things including wondering why after i missed the first two bowleds seeing young patto bowl the jet pujara (with what the **** was his shot) in only his 5th over and the score was beyond 100. i wondered why tendulkar was bowled off a dead ball and i wondered why clarkeh bowled only the two. i expect to be enlightened post haste on all these matters and more

uvelocity

International Coach
kohli_fan, viruthebest and dhonisgland have all fallen over. gold medal round and if we remove daemon and jono uvelocity may yet grab a bradbury gold

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's all well and good if you have a Monty Panesar who averages a touch over 30 in FC and 32 in Test cricket in your squad. We have a guy averaging a touch under 45 in FC and 102 in Test cricket. Add in the fact our best spinner not doing much then I would say the second spinner would do little to help our cause. Bird should have been playing and if we had picked SOK then the second spinner option wouldn't have looked as bad.
It isn't a criticism, the pitches just don't suit the quicks. I'm amazed as an outsider that SOK hasn't been picked at some point. Looked decent enough against us in that ashes warm up, can bat and plays for the right state side. Hard to believe he hasn't had a game really.

uvelocity

International Coach
well I was entertained if not enlightened. forgot about the lyon lbw shout from tendy. was giving that too.

uvelocity

FMD they must be handing out GFs these days.
best post. congratulations noofan!

Yeah exactly. You have to build up to big work loads. Silly to smash him in the hope he stands up to it, but with the rick he'll break down again.
**** off ****, get out from behind your computer and get some sun. 6 overs in a ****ing day i reckon he bowled more than 36 balls warming up. ****.

Bingo.

I'd leave him out for Ryan Harris if/when fit.
dead. said i'd play bird though.

backing a score around 270 here and the game hinges on the 3rd innings. still no match status is safe for australia with so many victards in the lineup.