• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Monty said:
i Hope the line up will be
1.Langer
2.Jacques
3.Ponting
4.Clarke
5.Hodge
6.Hussey M
7.Gilchrist WK C
8. Warne
9.Tait
10.Lee
11.Mcgrath
no Martyn :-O , & give up on Jaques he wont be playing in this series......

tooextracool

International Coach
age_master said:
Hayden vs

PCA Masters - 79 from 46
Leics - 107 from 96
Somerset - 76 from 53
Worcs - 79 from 97

he has made runs everytour match and not convertd anything in the internationals.
just 3 words.....
Flat Track Bully.

tooextracool

International Coach
Top_Cat said:
Typical Tait; two quick wickets, one of them bowled, whilst conceding almost 5-per-over. :D
a bowled down leg side and a mistimed pull shot if im not mistaken?
i do hope he makes it in the side ahead of kaspa, he sounds just like fidel edwards.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
a bowled down leg side and a mistimed pull shot if im not mistaken?
i do hope he makes it in the side ahead of kaspa, he sounds just like fidel edwards.
you see i say the bloke bowling full out in the nets & all those who reckon Edwards & Malinga have awkward action & are hard to pick up wait till you see Tait :D

PY

International Coach
Barney Rubble said:
Amen to that. And may I add two more - Past It.
Quoted for posterity.

You are so setting him up for slamming a biiig century on Thursday and I don't like it because although TEC called him an FTB, Trent Bridge could be a road and then he's excused but you've got no chance. . :p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
i cant see anyone having a worse action than malinga to be honest.
well if you get to see Tait before this series of the year is out i think you will have different idea's about that.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
PY said:
Quoted for posterity.

You are so setting him up for slamming a biiig century on Thursday and I don't like it because although TEC called him an FTB, Trent Bridge could be a road and then he's excused but you've got no chance. . :p
I don't mind being quoted for posterity - I'm willing to go on record and say that Matthew Hayden will score a maximum of two more Test centuries in his career. It strikes me that he can't play the swinging ball any more, and his hook shot has looked decidedly dodgy this series. If Trent Bridge is a road, Harmy might get some bounce, which could trouble him - likewise Jones and Freddie could always get some more reverse swing (provided Hayden stays in that long).

Even if he gets a hundred at Trent Bridge and the Oval, either Mike Hussey or Phil Jaques will have taken his spot by the time 2006 is out.

Writing him off was a calculated gamble. :D *crosses fingers*

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If england do win the ashes then wide spread changes will be called for (time for youth and all that) and hayden would be a very likely victim of this

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pothas said:
If england do win the ashes then wide spread changes will be called for (time for youth and all that) and hayden would be a very likely victim of this
Exactly - and I believe England will win, ergo Hayden will go.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
overcast conditions are good for Tait's swing, wet conditions would also be condusive to him bowling some nasty beamers ;)
Never trust the BBC long term weather - On Friday they said Edinburgh would be overcast and rainy for Sunday.

I got sunburnt and it was fairly extreme heat.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Never trust the BBC long term weather - On Friday they said Edinburgh would be overcast and rainy for Sunday.

I got sunburnt and it was fairly extreme heat.
indeed, and if you click the link originally posted now, it actually shows Thursday sunny and friday sunny intervals

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
i cant see anyone having a worse action than malinga to be honest.
Tait's is worse in some respects, but it's not as round arm. The important point about Tait though is he's really not a slinger, he just looks a bit like it.

Anyway, how can you get a bowled down the leg side? Surely if it was going down the leg side it would have missed the stumps? The cricinfo bulletin said it was "yorked".

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
I don't mind being quoted for posterity - I'm willing to go on record and say that Matthew Hayden will score a maximum of two more Test centuries in his career. It strikes me that he can't play the swinging ball any more, and his hook shot has looked decidedly dodgy this series. If Trent Bridge is a road, Harmy might get some bounce, which could trouble him - likewise Jones and Freddie could always get some more reverse swing (provided Hayden stays in that long).

Even if he gets a hundred at Trent Bridge and the Oval, either Mike Hussey or Phil Jaques will have taken his spot by the time 2006 is out.

Writing him off was a calculated gamble. :D *crosses fingers*
Hayden's problem hasn't been the swinging ball as such, its been the reverse swinging ball. He has got starts and handled the swinging ball very well by playing straight. However, once he's been set he has been bamboozled by the reverse swinging ball.