• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Bangladesh

TumTum

Banned
Paine appears to be a slow scorer when he plays for Australia but he has shown that he has the shots in domestic T20 cricket.
I rather think his SR is fine, he certainly doesn't have any scoring difficulties to specific balls such not giving Haddin width or accurate spin bowling (no half trackers) to Watson (and lately Haddin as well). Sometimes he gets into slog mode where he makes a fool of himself at the crease and doesn't score, but from memory that has only happened in England.

I'm excited to see how Ponting and the team performs now, quite positive about it actually.

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Gee, just found out that Foxtel isnt showing the 1st Bangladesh v Australia one dayer, no live coverage!

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Where is it?? None of the channels have it? Is it one of those funny things where there are multiple things shown on the same channel?

Spark

Global Moderator
I rather think his SR is fine, he certainly doesn't have any scoring difficulties to specific balls such not giving Haddin width or accurate spin bowling (no half trackers) to Watson (and lately Haddin as well). Sometimes he gets into slog mode where he makes a fool of himself at the crease and doesn't score, but from memory that has only happened in England.

I'm excited to see how Ponting and the team performs now, quite positive about it actually.
I'd agree with this, he suffers from Haddin syndrome in a way in that he goes mad, tries to hit everything for four instead of taking singles and as a result his scoring rate actually suffers badly.

pup11

International Coach

Yeah well... he gets into slog mode when he gets stuck with his innings which is criminal at the top of the order, whereas Haddin if he is on song can play pretty much any shot with ridiculous ease whereas Paine is more of an orthodox player which makes it easier to choke him at the crease.

There is a case of saying that Paine is probably still finding his feet in international cricket and hence he probably hasn't been at his best, but the fact is his List-A record too suggests that he isn't really an aggressive strokeplayer but more of a grafter who works hard for his runs.

As for the practice game solid knocks from Hadds and Punter, but White fails again and its kind of a shame really because he is hardly a sort of player who can manage to score runs when the form isn't there and by persisting on with him in such form the Aussie think-tank aren't doing any good to either him or the team.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why White wasn't whacked after the WC is beyond me. Just another block, block, slog merchant.

Shuvagoto Hom seems an interesting cricketer. FC debut at the age of 23 and not a product of the U19 set-up. Pretty much unheard-of nowadays for a Bangladeshi batsman to debut internationally at 24 or above.

pup11

International Coach
Why White wasn't whacked after the WC is beyond me. Just another block, block, slog merchant.

Shuvagoto Hom seems an interesting cricketer. FC debut at the age of 23 and not a product of the U19 set-up. Pretty much unheard-of nowadays for a Bangladeshi batsman to debut internationally at 24 or above.
...Because White just 4 or 5 months ago was right up there among our best limited over batsmen and was a huge factor behind the Australian ODI side doing as well as it did.

Its worth noticing that whenever White hasn't scored runs our middle order has struggled and his importance is realised by everyone in the Australian set-up which is why he is getting so many chances.

Spark

Global Moderator
Cricinfo seems to have gotten stuck, hasn't updated in ages.

EDIT: And as if in response it finally updates... one over.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah. Those bowlers are ones who were left out from the A team that's touring SA now.
I was wondering why I'd never heard of any of them. In that case, the only way we could read much into this match is if they don't get smashed.

Clarke's retired out on 56 (56) and Johnson's been sent in ahead of Smith. (edit: Johnson run out for 2)

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Don't know why Johnson is batting ahead of Smith but one thing is sure that Steve Smith is slowly but surely turning into a joke player, nobody knows what his role is in the side yet he is always in the XI, atm he is kind of like an Australian version of Ravinder Jadeja..!

Sylvester

State Captain
Surely this would be the time to give Smith a bat, they have now sent Lee in front of him, if this was a proper match you could understand but it's meant to be a match to get your batsmen some time in the middle.