• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
oz_fan said:
Yep. Great all round performance. Back to his best. Has to be a certainty for the first ashes test.
Certainty? I don't think so. I can't believe Australia go for over 6 months now without playing a test. I don't see Dizzy's form at this stage being remembered or really considered when it gets to November.

I hope he's picked though.

oz_fan

International Regular
sqwerty said:
Certainty? I don't think so. I can't believe Australia go for over 6 months now without playing a test. I don't see Dizzy's form at this stage being remembered or really considered when it gets to November.

Yeah. He may struggle to find a place in the side if he doesn't play any ODI's for Australia before the Ashes and Clark impresses. But I think as long as he continues to bowl well he will be the best 3rd seam option for Australia.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
oz_fan said:
Yeah. He may struggle to find a place in the side if he doesn't play any ODI's for Australia before the Ashes and Clark impresses. But I think as long as he continues to bowl well he will be the best 3rd seam option for Australia.
I also think he'd have a massive desire and motivation going into the test to right a wrong.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
sqwerty said:

I can't see that it's remotely relevant to the side that's picked in November. Dizzy was always capable of taking wickets against Bang, however wretched his form in England last year. What was the better performance - Dizzy taking a few against Bang or Clark's performance in the 1st test against SA? Obviously his batting is a bonus, but it's not really an issue in a 4 man attack.

Depends on the wickets, I suppose, but there must be a real case for picking both Warne & McGill against England, which means that Lee, Clark & Gillespie are fighting for one place.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
wpdavid said:
I can't see that it's remotely relevant to the side that's picked in November. Dizzy was always capable of taking wickets against Bang, however wretched his form in England last year. What was the better performance - Dizzy taking a few against Bang or Clark's performance in the 1st test against SA? Obviously his batting is a bonus, but it's not really an issue in a 4 man attack.

Depends on the wickets, I suppose, but there must be a real case for picking both Warne & McGill against England, which means that Lee, Clark & Gillespie are fighting for one place.
What makes you so sure they'll opt for a four-man attack though?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
What makes you so sure they'll opt for a four-man attack though?
Only because that's what they've nearly always done apart from the Bang games. Do you think Gilchrist at 6 followed by 5 bowlers is very likely against England?

shaka

International Regular
im sure Gilchrist was pushing Ponting to declare asap so he would not pass his highest score of 204*. I guess he will never be dropped again now, haha