• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Pedro Delgado said:
Is he getting the ball to move away off the seam? That surely is the thing to lookout for and the thing that was missing during the Ashes.
There was minimal amounts of seam movement, but I guess it's hard to make a real judgement considering where the cricket was being played.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
vic_orthdox said:
There was minimal amounts of seam movement, but I guess it's hard to make a real judgement considering where the cricket was being played.
I guess so. He'll be playing for Yorkshire soon so we'll find out in due course.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought Gillespie bowled well on wickets that weren't offering much. And 8 wickets in 2 Tests is pretty good, I think lots of players would like to take 4 wickets a Test.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well things seems to be back to normal after the 2nd test....let's see what the bangladeshis can conjure up in the one dayers....

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
sirjeremy11 said:
Gillespie making 200* normal?

Could be a regular fixture, But lets hope he gets constint 50's, up the order, than the time to time to, then the rare Moonshining 200, then the Class innings of 300!

But at this point to date, Even I would have to say, Gillespie is the Worst Batsman to get a ton

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
burkey_1988 said:
I thought Gillespie bowled well on wickets that weren't offering much. And 8 wickets in 2 Tests is pretty good, I think lots of players would like to take 4 wickets a Test.
No one is saying that he didn't bowl well, just that playing well against Bangladesh doesn't really prove a thing, even if he was doing something with the ball.

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Dizzy #4 said:
But at this point to date, Even I would have to say, Gillespie is the Worst Batsman to get a ton

Khaled Mashud has one, hes not the greatest batsman, Iqbal from Bangladesh too.

Im sure there are a few bowlers around who fulked one through history too.

they didn't gothe double though.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Here is another case to support my point in the "Fixated on Facts" thread. People are seeing the fact that Jason took 8 Wickets in 2 Tests without taking into account the opposition.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
DanielFullard said:
Here is another case to support my point in the "Fixated on Facts" thread. People are seeing the fact that Jason took 8 Wickets in 2 Tests without taking into account the opposition.
Precisely - however, of the 38.31% of CW contributors who are fixated with statistics, it is likely that less than 4.77% will see the irony of your statement.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Precisely - however, of the 38.31% of CW contributors who are fixated with statistics, it is likely that less than 4.77% will see the irony of your statement.
That should have been "38.295% of CW contributors" :dry:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SJS said:
That should have been "38.295% of CW contributors" :dry:
Of course - foolish of me. I have invalidated my own argument by failing to allow for an error of plus or minus two standard deviations (those being C_C and Richard whose opinions deviate the most from common sense)

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Of course - foolish of me. I have invalidated my own argument by failing to allow for an error of plus or minus two standard deviations (those being C_C and Richard whose opinions deviate the most from common sense)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
DanielFullard said:
No they aren't. People are seeing the fact that he bowled quite well. It wouldn't matter if he took 8 wickets or 0.