• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Bangladesh 2017

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone have an idea how Cartwright might fare against our spinners on this pitch?

Hoping he'll be (relatively) easy pickings in his first SC outing.
Very, very badly. He looked hopeless against Yasir Shah on a relative road in Sydney (wasn't a turning pitch) in a series where Shah averaged like 50 and was slapped around by everyone.

Cartwright is a wasted position here, especially if the ball is doing a bit when he comes in.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IMO, Cartwright is a very good batsman who will be called upon to perform in totally alien conditions

Hope that he does ok so that:

a. Continuity; and

b. His bowling (albeit average) will prevent our DH selectors from picking 4 fast bowlers and no spinner

They are itching to do it

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Speaking of Taijul, he might be effective in this pitch as he made his entire career playing on these sorts of pitches. If that makes sense
One can only hope. When he gets erratic, he keeps bowling down the wrong line, and does so quite confidently too. He has a positive frame of mind, both him and Mehidy does actually, I hope they come good again along with Shakib. I feel this would be a Test match for all those who did not perform well enough in first test match, so basically the entire team barring Shakib and Tamim :ph34r:.

Yeah but he only has one working shoulder, which is just as much of a problem at times.
The wrong working shoulder at that. LOL!

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Man if Soumya bowls here that will be the end of.... well yeah Smith :ph34r:

Welcome back
Thanks mate. Mushy promised to throw the kitchen sink at the Aussies. Quite clearly the first four batsmen were the sink it seems. I would not be surprised if he tries Soumya as a partnership breaker if things go south :laugh:.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks mate. Mushy promised to throw the kitchen sink at the Aussies. Quite clearly the first four batsmen were the sink it seems. I would not be surprised if he tries Soumya as a partnership breaker if things go south :laugh:.
Kayes is once again the victim it seems then, its a very kayesesque track where you would back him to score a chanceless hundred

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Tomorrow is going to be the most important day in the test. If Australia don't want to lose, they need a first innings lead.

Bijed

International Regular
Saw this photo on cricinfo, looks like he's just casually levitating towards the ball tbh

hilton.jpg

SeamUp

International Coach
What I saw in Sydney for Cartwright was a sound technique and he actually allowed the ball to come to him. To me that is a positive and is a different trait to most Saffers and Ozzies. Hopefully he learns quickly about what is needed against spin and isn't the stereo-type.

I know Uzi is so frustrating to watch when it is spinning but this did make me giggle. It may even have some truth to it though. :laugh:

Dennis Goat‏Verified account @DennisCricket_ 8h8 hours ago
**** it

Khawaja should take the Kolpak route.

Australian selectors are treating him like a crack whore who is giving out freebies.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The Uzi dropping makes you wonder if he has any support at the selection table. Other players seem to be able to ride out a bad spell but Uzi is out as soon as his spot is questioned.

Compton

International Debutant
Wouldn't have bothered bringing Uzi.

He's sufficiently bad on turning wickets that there's not even point in hoping he learns. Cartwright is another poor selection, mind. Pointless.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Should've been a 3 match test series. I hope Mushfiqur scores a century. It's risky playing with one pacer regardless of conditions. The problem with Australia is that they prefer pace bowling 10/10, but they won't get any in this test, so if Bangladesh score more than 350 then it may be too much for the Aussies.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Yeah, Khawaja is unlucky to an extent but like the Sri Lanka series last year, it’s a situation where Australia is losing Tests they didn’t expect to lose and he looks the worst of the batsman so he’s always the most vulnerable.

In Sri Lanka when he was bowled first ball not playing a shot to a straight delivery from Perera in a match where Australia were humiliated meant he was always likely to get the chop and similarly in the previous match he looked clearly the worst of the Top 6 and after a match Australia definitely didn’t expect to lose, changes had to be made.

Looking over his career it is quite staggering the amount and breadth of dismissals he has had to spin. Not just to the expected targets like Swann and Hearth but even part-timers like Duminy, Williamson and Root have dismissed him.

howardj

International Coach
I just don't think the Cartwright selection was thought through.

Everyone saw him bowl in Sydney- he's not really much quicker than Warner.

Moreover, everyone saw that Smith lacked confidence in him during that Test.

And yet, with batting our problem, he replaces a superior batsman...for the sake of probably 5 military medium overs each innings.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
SOK selection was really annoying too. Why wasnt he at the Darwin camp. Holland was there and did well, but misses out. Weird.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Should've been a 3 match test series. I hope Mushfiqur scores a century. It's risky playing with one pacer regardless of conditions. The problem with Australia is that they prefer pace bowling 10/10, but they won't get any in this test, so if Bangladesh score more than 350 then it may be too much for the Aussies.
After 4+ hours of calm and a good night's sleep, Mushy might actually throw it away today. I just want the team to crawl to 320 somehow.