• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Asia Cup 2023

Shri

Mr. Glass
that runout in the last over, i thought crossing like that for next ball was no longer a thing?

number11

State 12th Man
and yet they made a t20 world cup final last year with all of these GLARING weaknesses

**** me if you listened to some people in this thread you would think they were uncles playing in my backyard
No one remembers the runner up. They messed the bed in that final and likely will 9/10 times in any pressure game.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
This is Asia's copa America final basically
I don't know about that brother , but what I will say is that this cup has been very very important in improving the standard of cricket in the Asian region ..

It really gave Sri Lanka a platform to build their cricket in the 80's , it gave Bangladesh a platform to develop into a Test nation and Afghanistan, the next big hope is Nepal who have a great passion for cricket and can soar to great heights if given the opportunity against top teams ..So this cup must be protected at all costs in my opinion.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know about that brother , but what I will say is that this cup has been very very important in improving the standard of cricket in the Asian region ..

It really gave Sri Lanka a platform to build their cricket in the 80's , it gave Bangladesh a platform to develop into a Test nation and Afghanistan, the next big hope is Nepal who have a great passion for cricket and can soar to great heights if given the opportunity against top teams ..So this cup must be protected at all costs in my opinion.
Bangladesh are monsters at home, preferably there Shere Bangla National Stadium

Socerer 01

International Captain

if they start treating it more as a regional tournament and less as a sideshow to make an India Pakistan series happen it would do so much more for cricket

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Why are Pakistan not clutch?

Because they’ve fed with relatively less challenging opponents?
In modern LOI era, almost all clutch batters are excellent strikers. We have only accumulators.

In death overs, Rizwan was trying to slog all outside off balls to leg side & got only 1s 2s, that's his limitation. These (consolidators) Imams Babars Riz of world are contributors, not outright match winners.

I remember a game in 2020 vs ZIM where Babar, on 100+, got out in last overs chasing 275. He can't finish even against ZIM.

Virat finished game for Ind at MCG against us. He once scored 183 against us to chase 300+ target in Asia Cup.

Mental midgetry is another problem. Our fielding was superb in SL test series. Today, under pressure, we dropped some chances.
Rizwan is generally good behind stumps but he dropped Asalanka today.

Their test team though is in another league.
Eng whitewashed us not long ago.