• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Asia Cup 2023

number11

First Class Debutant
And in the broader context of the wc approaching, they are not serious contenders. This game is immaterial in the bigger context, but as it is Lanka are cruising. Always been impressed by Sri Lanka's ability to produce technically adept young batsman. They have the best schools cricket system in the world.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just believing calling it as I see it. I'd like Pk to be good, ditto WI, but Pk are not good. They have some ok players but some absolute dross as well.
I’m no expert on Pakistani cricket(mainly because it’s impossible to access their cricket forum after a loss) but I do see them as a good contender to win this WC. Conditions are favorable for them, even though they haven’t been in India for an eternity.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I’m no expert on Pakistani cricket(mainly because it’s impossible to access their cricket forum after a loss) but I do see them as a good contender to win this WC. Conditions are favorable for them, even though they haven’t been in India for an eternity.
I think allrounders are essential when it comes to winning this WC. Pak have a lot of them. So do Aus and SL. Expect all 3 teams to do great.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think allrounders are essential when it comes to winning this WC. Pak have a lot of them. So do Aus and SL. Expect all 3 teams to do great.
Good point. I was ignoring the aspect of crowd support for them when I made that post. After reading how difficult it has been for real cricket fans to get tickets, I do believe that Pakistan will feel comfortable with the crowd. Neutral as it was in the UAE; their second home 🥷

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good point. I was ignoring the aspect of crowd support for them when I made that post. After reading how difficult it has been for real cricket fans to get tickets, I do believe that Pakistan will feel comfortable with the crowd. Neutral as it was in the UAE; their second home 🥷
There are always partisan sections of crowds in India but I think Pak will be well supported esp. when they are taking on teams other than India or the other Asian teams.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Pakistan have an excellent team regardless of the result..

When their Frontline seamers are fully fit ,
Afridi-Rauf-Naseem they can tear any batting line up to shreds ..

Babar Azam is definitely in the elite ODI category , Rizwan is a fantastic keeper batsman .Shadab Khan is one of the best young all rounders in WC , that's already half the starting XI ..

Just that we are Sri Lanka, our glory days may be a little behind us but we didn't win every Major White Ball tournament there is by backing down to anyone. So if anyone is a little off their game against us in our conditions we can still give a tough fight.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Rubbish from Pakistan. Depleted bowling attack but the bench needs to perform whenever they get chance if they want to do well in WC. You cant expect premium bowlers to play all the matches there.

SL well deserved place in the final.

Socerer 01

International Captain
And in the broader context of the wc approaching, they are not serious contenders. This game is immaterial in the bigger context, but as it is Lanka are cruising. Always been impressed by Sri Lanka's ability to produce technically adept young batsman. They have the best schools cricket system in the world.
the same Sri Lanka that don’t have 1 batsman now averaging over 45 in odis produce adept batsmen? **** me we get that you hate Pakistan and Bangladesh but riding on Sri Lanka to prove that point is idiocy