• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe in UAE 2021

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Is this a home match for Afghanistan? Or neutral? Wondering about types of pitch and pitch preparations etc
Technically home match but their selectors can't have expected this pitch

They even have a "home" umpire making his Test debut which in the circumstances is a bit amusing

Chubb

International Regular
Is this a home match for Afghanistan? Or neutral? Wondering about types of pitch and pitch preparations etc
it’s a home game for Afghanistan but Zim have been in the UAE longer. Zim also had a training camp and some test trial games at home before going there.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Have the impressive Afghan fast bowlers from 2015 world cup retired? Looked them up, not played for Afghanistan since 2019 in any formats, and now aged early 30s.

Shady Slim

International Coach
this sort of thing makes me wish the icc did central contracts for test nations, and also did central revenue. big boards wouldn't allow it, big three would block it for sure and most of the other big ten might do so too, but heck. it's not that afghanistan and zimbabwe and co are abjectly crap, there's lots of promise there. but without the consistent play, and without the infrastructure, they just can't rise. argh. oligopolistic control of the icc and of the monies by the big boards absolutely stalls the development of the global game and it's hugely frustrating. the icc should be using the massive coffers of money generated both by tests in some countries and LO cricket in the countries where its' profitable to help prop up other nations. it's just not fair to know if afghanistan, zimbabwe, or england are ever lucky to score a test series here they'll be unequivocally blanked

but seriously, it ****s me up the wall the oligopoly control the big boards exert over the money flows. really holds the game back - there's so much potential and i do hope one day it will be realised hey!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
this sort of thing makes me wish the icc did central contracts for test nations, and also did central revenue. big boards wouldn't allow it, big three would block it for sure and most of the other big ten might do so too, but heck. it's not that afghanistan and zimbabwe and co are abjectly crap, there's lots of promise there. but without the consistent play, and without the infrastructure, they just can't rise. argh. oligopolistic control of the icc and of the monies by the big boards absolutely stalls the development of the global game and it's hugely frustrating. the icc should be using the massive coffers of money generated both by tests in some countries and LO cricket in the countries where its' profitable to help prop up other nations. it's just not fair to know if afghanistan, zimbabwe, or england are ever lucky to score a test series here they'll be unequivocally blanked

but seriously, it ****s me up the wall the oligopoly control the big boards exert over the money flows. really holds the game back - there's so much potential and i do hope one day it will be realised hey!
When was the last time a Bangladesh test tour of Australia actually happened? Like the games actually evetually got played?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

But you can see how the individual players themselves can make money off leagues like IPL and that ends up raising the quality of the players anyways. I dont believe in ICC paying for test players apart from match fees but I guess giving those boards a bit more money to schedule more games would help. But how many really believe in giving money to struggling people in the first place? It just does not happen enough in practice, even though everyone and their mother preach it.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Blessing is a gun, no doubt about that.

Must admit I thought Nyauchi didn't look much chop, yet he is putting together quite a decent record for himself

Chubb

International Regular
Rashid is apparenlty back so expect Afghanistan to win this one. Should be streamed on Youtube via RabbitholeBD again around 4.30pm AEDT.