• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester - 10th-14th of September

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Is it confirmed that BCCI declined pushing out the test by couple of days so that they can start IPL on time? If so, I will support this being treated as forfeiture. Not that BCCI cares about WTC points more than IPL but at least it will put some heat on them.
Why didn’t ECB schedule these games earlier then? The players had weeks off after New Zealand.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Why didn’t ECB schedule these games earlier then? The players had weeks off after New Zealand.
mistakes were made and its fair enough given the times we live in

it seems to me as though fanatics from the two teams are more angry about it than everyone actually involved in the game

and irrelevant idiots who have no stake in this as well for some reason

_00_deathscar

International Regular
I actually don’t know all the details but its very very poor from India if

- bio bubbles weren’t a thing for the tour
- attend other public events
- Appear to have no other concerns over Covid, eg Jarvo running onto the field

Then suddenly withdraw from an entire test Simply over concerns from Covid - no actual cases amongst its squad. Granted incubation periods and so forth, but given they’ve apparently not cared or worried throughout the whole series...it’s just garbage from India

This is not the same as England withdrawing from South Africa - There were supposed to be secure bio bubbles right?

When Indian players are going around to public events they clearly didn’t care in the first place until another motive has popped up
When you say “squad” do you mean just the X number of players or the actual entire touring party?

Because there were positive cases among the touring party…many of whom would have interacted with the players.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Rubbish to blame the players. We don't know what they are going through going from one bubble to another. If at some point they snap suddenly and don't want to play, you can't judge them.

Blaming BCCI on the other hand is fair for such tight schedules and lack of inflexibility

sunilz

International Regular
Rubbish to blame the players. We don't know what they are going through going from one bubble to another. If at some point they snap suddenly and don't want to play, you can't judge them.

Blaming BCCI on the other hand is fair for such tight schedules and lack of inflexibility
And not on ECB who prioritised 100 over test match. BCCI had requested to pre pone the test series because of 1 month gap after WTC final, but ECB said no.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
i'llexplain it to you slowly so you can understand. i wanted to throw in kids number cartoons but i cbf'd

1 - shastri et al attend event along with ecb chair. 3 idiots test positive from the coaching/physio/support team.

2 - assistant physio who had been with that group tested negative.

3 - all players worked closely with the ass physio after the negative test because he was the only physio left

4 - ass physio tests positive

5 - players fear that covid is incubating in some players now and don't want to spread it further or get sick in the middle of the game

6 - test match abandoned
7. players fly home on same aeroplane

vandem

International 12th Man

"Blaming BCCI is fair". ?! Don't think so.

BCCI asked ECB if the test tour could be brought forward by a week. I assume BCCI realised the risk of the short window between the end of test series and the start of postponed 2nd half of IPL.

ECB refused. I assume mainly due to logistics problems of changing dates for games with high ticket sales, but perhaps also to protect two short windows where test players could appear in some domestic white ball games, IIRC opening rounds of The Hundred and playoffs of the Blast.

vandem

International 12th Man
Why didn’t ECB schedule these [test] games earlier then? The [Indian test] players had weeks off after New Zealand.
Good question.

Probably because the Sri Lanka and Pakistan limited over games had been locked into the English 2021 season calendar for late Jun - Jul before India were confirmed as WTC finalists. Then too many logistics issues to delay the limited over games and bring forward the India test series.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
A Crap post as usual.
Tell me how I’m wrong honestly?

This isn’t a concern over their safety. It’s a concern over the IPL

The Indian players haven’t really cared about Covid security protocols the entire series.

Otherwise, they would have spent the series moving from bubble to bubble

Now that it may stop them from flying into the IPL it’s suddenly too much

Actually incredibly naive to think this is anything but about the IPL continuing

Window

U19 Debutant

The Indian players haven’t really cared about Covid security protocols the entire series.

Actually incredibly naive to think this is anything but about the IPL continuing
What COVID security protocols or bubbles were in place in the entire series? What did protocols did the Indian players breach? How does cancelling the test match help them play in the IPL?

I don’t have answers to these questions, so would be good if people laid out these details exactly so that the arguments are clear.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

LIke I said, a crap post to suit your own crappy bias.

While you keep posting your lies, here is the reality. The covid bubble was always set to be formed in Manchester as the players have to leave for the IPL and it was part of the requirement from the UAE Government for a bubble-to-bubble transfer. There were no other rules other than the country's own covid guidelines.

If the argument is that the boards should start having their own bubble requirements even if the country is open, it is a different debate and something that has to be approached with various other factors, including the players' own mental health and well being, considered. And it is something the ECB chief has talked about earlier, why you cannot always keep playing in bio-bubbles. But that has literally nothing to do with what happened here and to keep implying and stating it does shows you do not give a crap about anything here except hurling false accusations.

DriveClub

International Regular
Oh no a sports game has been cancelled, I'm so sad. This game could have cured cancer and ended poverty #testcricketisrealcricket

Tom Flint

International Regular

They weren't in a bubble