• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester - 10th-14th of September

Chrish

International Debutant
there's this thing called an incubation period
Which doesn’t stop you from playing. If you don’t want to play fine. But don’t claim series victory by saying series is done and game next year won’t mean anything.

Chrish

International Debutant
Did you say the same thing when England came home early from the ODI tour of South Africa?
I could care less about what England did. I didn’t follow that series. If they somehow didn’t make up for it then **** them..

vandem

International 12th Man
I could care less about what England did. I didn’t follow that series. If they somehow didn’t make up for it then **** them..
Which is what some of us are saying. No point England crying now about India withdrawing from a tour, when they did they same thing in Dec.

Perhaps if they had agreed to India's request to bring forward the test series by a week, instead of protecting the involvement of some test players in the first couple of rounds of the Hundred, we could have got all 5 tests played. So perhaps just desserts to England for prioritising domestic white ball cricket?

centurymaker

International Captain
If there was a terrorist attack in Mumbai or Manchester and the away team wanted to leave the country, would that be a forfeit too, since we are dealing with well-being / safety of players?

or would that also be called 'FEAR' of safety (as there isn't any direct threat to the players).

ECB deliberately published the word forfeit for 10 minutes to push their opportunistic agenda along with this fear angle, but it will not change the outcome. ICC may take years to decide though.

(It took 3 years for the 2006 oval test to be officially declared as a forfeit, even though that one seemed more obvious).

The physio had several very close contacts, thats why India cancelled their training session on Thursday; there was a risk that if everyone mingled together over the coming days, things would escalate very quickly.

sunilz

International Regular
Can someone explain me if BCCI has agreed that they will compensate for the 5th test next year, then why ECB wants a forfeit ? Or do they want money this year only and can't wait for 1 year ?

centurymaker

International Captain
Just because England has decided to 'live' with covid and not care much about it anymore, doesn't mean that same applies to the rest of the world.

Covid is still a BIG deal for a lot of other countries and their people.

So players had every right to be seriously concerned and not care about a "game".

In New zealand we had one case come up in the community (via a border breach) and now there are 900 cases in total and been in complete lockdown for 4 weeks.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can someone explain me if BCCI has agreed that they will compensate for the 5th test next year, then why ECB wants a forfeit ? Or do they want money this year only and can't wait for 1 year ?
Scheduling a new game next year doesn’t make the costs involved with setting up this one go away. Not to forget the costs involved with arranging a new one off test next year.

I think if the insurance wasn’t an issue ECB would’ve taken the cancellation and the L.

sunilz

International Regular
Scheduling a new game next year doesn’t make the costs involved with setting up this one go away. Not to forget the costs involved with arranging a new one off test next year.

I think if the insurance wasn’t an issue ECB would’ve taken the cancellation and the L.
Then BCCI should compensate the scheduling cost . And I don't think scheduling cost is 30 million pounds.

Burgey

asian community would swarm the event
That's all well and good, but it doesn't substitute for an international.

It's probably time for Indian supporters to realize that not a lot of fans elsewhere in the world really give a **** about the IPL, anymore than Aus supporters should expect someone in Mumbai to give a **** about the BBL. It's just a made for TV franchise event.

Burgey

Yeah but they’re already exposed in that case. Vaccinated individuals don’t really need to quarantine anyway. But if india were sooooooo worried about the vaccinated negatively tested players infecting the rest of the squad, then replace the exposed players.
This kind of proves the point almost everyone misses with this Covid **** in the actual OT Covid thread and all the politics ones too - it's all well and good to say "Oh well, vaccinated people don't get too sick" til it's you or your family that's running the risk.

Anyway, shame it had to end as it did, but no way should this be a forfeit imho, unless of course some of the usual Indian fans on here get really, really upset and into it, in which case I'll change my position to troll the **** out of them.

Last edited:

Burgey

Anyway, shame it had to end as it did, but no way should this be a forfeit imho, unless of course some of the Indian fans on here get really, really upset and into it, in which case I'll change my position to troll the **** out of them.
Shush your team lost to our c team
Tbh Aus would have also drawn the series if there was a 5th test. So series would have ended at 2-2 ?
Oh well, would you look at that?