• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester - 10th-14th of September

Flem274*

123/5
If you really want to enable a money game, they should schedule a few IPL franchises play off in England. That will bring best money for ECB.
i doubt it

it's hard to emphasise how little people care about the IPL outside india or some expats (who usually watch highlights if they're southern hemisphere). people tend to overwhelmingly follow their local domestic t20 comp if they're into franchise cricket. ipl really is an indian cultural sporting thing where you guys love it and the rest of the world sorta does its own thing.

without international travel for the public hosting ipl games in england would flop pretty hard.

the indian team on the other hand, will draw crowds wherever they go. it's a no brainer who you want if you're a cricket board.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Because there’s no way you could have lost 9 wickets for 150, absolutely not, so yeah you were robbed of a win. So let’s call that an India win and we’ll have a nice draw in 2007 when it got rained off WITH ONE ****ING WICKET LEFT
its been 14 years gimh get over it ?

sunilz

International Regular
I can understand people's frustration with BCCI , however some people are underestimating covid here.

Even if you recover from Covid it takes huge physical and mental toll on body. So , I am with players here.

Shri

Mr. Glass
i doubt it

it's hard to emphasise how little people care about the IPL outside india or some expats (who usually watch highlights if they're southern hemisphere). people tend to overwhelmingly follow their local domestic t20 comp if they're into franchise cricket. ipl really is an indian cultural sporting thing where you guys love it and the rest of the world sorta does its own thing.

without international travel for the public hosting ipl games in england would flop pretty hard.

the indian team on the other hand, will draw crowds wherever they go. it's a no brainer who you want if you're a cricket board.
nah its about tv money

money coming in will still pretty much be the same with indian advertisers going for indian eye balls to sell products in india

indian fans living abroad will turn up for the game because it will be a rare event abroad that might never happen otherwise so gate receipts will benefit local grounds wherever it happens

you are ignoring many factors here dude

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If it was the guaranteed money spinner you suggest I reckon ECB would have already tried it.

Spark

Global Moderator
I can understand people's frustration with BCCI , however some people are underestimating covid here.

Even if you recover from Covid it takes huge physical and mental toll on body. So , I am with players here.
I don't think anyone begrudges the players not wanting to play today. The argument just seems to be about what happens after that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You’d be holding it at the same time as either the Blast or Hundred, and internationals. Or during football season. Lots of competition for the £ there.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
i doubt it

Missus goes divvy for it, tbf.

But she has let me impregnate her twice now, so her acumen generally might be called into question.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So a one off Test next year if they can squeeze it in seems like the least they deserve.
Totally.. I meant additional money can be made by playing a couple of IPL rubbers. I think you will be surprised by the ticket revenues it can generate as long as its given primetime, even in England.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You’d be holding it at the same time as either the Blast or Hundred, and internationals. Or during football season. Lots of competition for the £ there.
Its about finding the right place but I think England is small enough for expats all across the country to travel for a double header MI Vs CSK over a weekend.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i doubt it

A bazillion Indians will watch ipl games on television.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Missus goes divvy for it, tbf.

But she has let me impregnate her twice now, so her acumen generally might be called into question.
Now I will be disappointed if one of your kids is not named after a IPL franchise. :p

Daredevil Brumby will be a gun name.