• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the MCG

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Soft signal is kind of nonsense since it was a complete guess (or more likely judged by the fielding teams reaction).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I actually think it stayed off the deck but who bloody knows?

Great effort Broad. May end up being a match winning partnership. If the Poms get rolled here and nip one out tonight it’ll be on like Donkey Kong tomorrow morning.

Burgey

If Usman had abs of steel the ball would have bounced away instead of being cushioned to his belly.

Zinzan

So basically benefit of the doubt on catches no longer exists.

How the umpire can have any opinion from where he was related to the ball. Should have just asked the 3rd umpire to make the call without any soft-signal, but I'm not sure if he'd be allowed to not offer any signal.

DriveClub

International Regular
Not sure how you can give that out unless you were a gentleman like Ponting and take the fielders word as gods truth

91Jmay

International Coach
Giving a soft signal there is pretty puzzling but doesn’t really bother me. Same old Aussies though always cheating

Zinzan

Basically came down to "do you trust an Australian when the evidence is blind?" :huh:

If history is anything to go by.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Certainly this is England's best chance yet.

Our bowling to the tail has been absolute filth this match. Who knew that taking tail end wickets was important /s.