• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Have only started watching in the last fifteen. Has this been:

1) A complete ****show of basic mistakes on the part of England?
2) Pitch is demonic and it's only a bit below par performance?
3) Skill gap too much between Indian spinners and English batsmen?
A bit of all three I think but definitely more 1 than anything else.

All the wickets have come from innocuous looking balls that did pretty much nothing but the mistakes against those were partly created in part by some inconsistent turn and bounce.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Real flashbacks to some of the worse 2010s England/Australia performances in the subcontinent (esp the UAE) with the number of batsmen missing straight balls here.
Painful reminder of our shocking batting against Pakistan in 2012. That annoyed me more than what we saw in the 2nd test here; world ranked number 1 side, all of the top 7 with healthy test averages, and they just didn't seem to have any sort of strategy for that series. Whereas this time we know that our batting's pretty ordinary so there's not much in the way of expectations. But today has been truly embarrassing. And there goes another one, not that we can blame the tail after most of the top order did nothing.

Spark

Global Moderator
Australia collapsing to zulfiqar babar was the peak of this because I dont think he was even turning his regular off break.

Also, I know you know this, but a lot of casuals dont... playing straight balls is actually a huge part of batting v spin.
Oh yeah absolutely. Getting spooked by the turn and missing the straight ball = clear sign you're not in the right place mentally against spin.