• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 13 - 17 Feb 2021

Shri

Mr. Glass
we still only lead by an amount that could easily be chased down by a root/stokes masterclass

total lead of 400 should make me feel safe. 350 minimum

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
we still only lead by an amount that could easily be chased down by a root/stokes masterclass

total lead of 400 should make me feel safe. 350 minimum
I love it when other teams' supporters are even more pessimistic than me on a bad day. But the truth is that Kohli could safely declare overnight and India still win by over 100.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
i think those sort of incidents of ball hitting pads shouldn't count as padding but that's just me. It blurs the line between missing the ball while trying to play it and deliberately just leaving your bat next to your pad and padding it. Not sure if there is a specific definition of this in the rules tho.

91Jmay

International Coach
i think those sort of incidents of ball hitting pads shouldn't count as padding but that's just me. It blurs the line between missing the ball while trying to play it and deliberately just leaving your bat next to your pad and padding it. Not sure if there is a specific definition of this in the rules tho.
I mean he didn't play it, he hid his bat and padded it. It's as obvious of those type of incidents as you get tbh

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I've long argued that one of the better rule changes would be to give LBWs even if the batsman is clearly playing a shot when the ball hits him outside off stump on route to hitting the stumps.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Go offline for a while and the kids come out to play

lol at HB’s advice on how to play Ashwin on this

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a horror from the ump but doesn't make a difference in game. Was over when we lost the toss and India got 2 sessions on a good pitch and our spinners bowled badly.
What utter bull ****.
india didn't get two good sessions on the pitch!!

Rohit took you apart otherwise India was falling apart in the first session itself 85/3 with 60 runs were from Rohit himself.

England took a while to bring on the spinners, India didnt. It was spinning massively when Kohli got out in 1st session and when Rahane and Rohit put on a big partnership in 2nd session. There were so many uncontrolled shots/plays and misses. So cut the lies. England bowled poorly and could not get Rohit out!

91Jmay

International Coach
What utter bull ****.
india didn't get two good sessions on the pitch!!

Rohit took you apart otherwise India was falling apart in the first session itself 85/3 with 60 runs were from Rohit himself.

England took a while to bring on the spinners, India didnt. It was spinning massively when Kohli got out in 1st session and when Rahane and Rohit put on a big partnership in 2nd session. There were so many uncontrolled shots/plays and misses. So cut the lies. England bowled poorly and could not get Rohit out!
If you're trying to pretend that first two sessions this pitch wasn't dramatically better you're absolutely delusional.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
#FREEBURGEY

I'll give a free like to the first person who calls PEWS a nazi for this injustice.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, it was wrong when they said Pujara did not play a shot in Australia and it was wrong when they said Rohit did here.

The covid period has just showed again why we NEED neutral umpires in India. For me, that umpire has been good all day and except this one shocker, seems fine. At the same time, the 3rd umpire does seem rather eager to jump the gun and it has been in favor of India every time. But with neutral umpires, at least the discussion will be on their performance and ability and quality than bias.