• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Australian fans don't usually sing at the cricket at all, to be perfectly honest. I really don't care if they do or not, so I don't think it makes them "bad fans", and certainly they weren't quiet for four days. Did you see the ovation Ponting got for his hundred? You can actually support a team without shouting slogans for the whole test and having a 25 drink minimum. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind.

I thought the "look at the scoreboard" chant as a response to the 340th chorus of "we are the army" for the day was pretty funny really.

Fiery

Banned
I have a question: Why do Australian cricketers have this ass-grabbing, dry-rooting, man-hugging culture in their team which means that every time they win they carry on like they've just won lotto?! They win every game yet still act like it's the end of a 5 year losing streak. It's truly sickening. Aren't they getting enough at home?
Worst offender, Adam Gilchrist.

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Fiery said:
I have a question: Why do Australian cricketers have this ass-grabbing, dry-rooting, man-hugging culture in their team which means that every time they win they carry on like they've just won lotto?! They win every game yet still carry on like it's the end of a 5 year losing streak. It's truly sickening. Aren't they getting enough *** at home?
:laugh: Welcome back, dude.

Fiery

Banned
steds said:
:laugh: Welcome back, dude.
Good to be back Steds. I appreciate the talent of the Aussie cricketers, most of them are legends of the game but this hugging and kissing and licking must stop. I hate to think what goes on in the dressing room. I bet Pup can hardly walk this morning.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Fiery said:
I have a question: Why do Australian cricketers have this ass-grabbing, dry-rooting, man-hugging culture in their team which means that every time they win they carry on like they've just won lotto?! They win every game yet still carry on like it's the end of a 5 year losing streak. It's truly sickening. Aren't they getting enough *** at home?
I agree with Gilchrist. He manages to grab Brett Lee's behind a little too many times for it to be pure coincidence................ :ph34r:

That cringeworthy gloved fist tap that the England batsman feel the need to when they meet in the middle, after every single ball is a lot worse.

All comes across as very forced and reminded me of when Henman tries to fire himself up with his clenched fist "C'mon"s at Wimbledon.

Fiery

Banned
PhoenixFire said:
I agree with Gilchrist. He manages to grab Brett Lee's behind a little too many times for it to be pure coincidence................ :ph34r:
Ha ha. I've noticed he always homes in on him, pushing Justin Langer out of the way. Brett is quite pretty

Last edited:

Nishant

International 12th Man
Fiery said:
Good to be back Steds. I appreciate the talent of the Aussie cricketers, most of them are legends of the game but this hugging and kissing and licking must stop. I hate to think what goes on in the dressing room. I bet Pup can hardly walk this morning.

:laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
pasag said:

Man, Fletcher talking industrial grade bullplop there,

"Look at Australia where [Shane] Warne had that 100 partnership with [Michael] Clarke [in the first innings]. Those runs put the pressure back on to us. We think Ashley [Giles] can do that better. That's the reason."

is he seriously trying to suggest that Warne's batting is the reason he's picked ahead of MacGill?!? :wacko:

Anyway, congratulations to Australia. They showed what a champion team they are &, frighteningly, have obvious areas that can be improved.

I thought our middle order was a shambles; Fred, KP & Jones all played shots that in the circumstances were, at best, injudicious & at worst downright fugging stupid.

techno t

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
pissed off, england snatched defeat from the jaws of a comfortable draw 8-)

god there has to be changes now, shouldnt there???

knowing ol'fletch he'll do bugger all and blame the fact the sun was in the batsmens eyes, the aussies didnt play fair they should give us a chance you know, the wind was blowing in the wrong direction for the bowlers to take wickets. :dry:

Just put out a bloody attacking side, tis what won us the ashes after all :@

now im off to hide from the gloating aussies :laugh:

see you in 9 days time :laugh:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Man, Fletcher talking industrial grade bullplop there,

"Look at Australia where [Shane] Warne had that 100 partnership with [Michael] Clarke [in the first innings]. Those runs put the pressure back on to us. We think Ashley [Giles] can do that better. That's the reason."

is he seriously trying to suggest that Warne's batting is the reason he's picked ahead of MacGill?!? :wacko:

Anyway, congratulations to Australia. They showed what a champion team they are &, frighteningly, have obvious areas that can be improved.

I thought our middle order was a shambles; Fred, KP & Jones all played shots that in the circumstances were, at best, injudicious & at worst downright fugging stupid.
I agree Jones and Flintoff were stupid, but KP wasn't that stupid really. Very, very rarley does that sweep shot not come off, and you'd back him nearly every time to make it, it was a horrible ball that didn't deserve to get a wicket anyway.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
PhoenixFire said:
I agree Jones and Flintoff were stupid, but KP wasn't that stupid really. Very, very rarley does that sweep shot not come off, and you'd back him nearly every time to make it, it was a horrible ball that didn't deserve to get a wicket anyway.
I may've missed one, but I don't think he deployed the sweep once against Warne in the first innings. Did ok then, as I recall. :p

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
Australian fans don't usually sing at the cricket at all, to be perfectly honest. I really don't care if they do or not, so I don't think it makes them "bad fans", and certainly they weren't quiet for four days. Did you see the ovation Ponting got for his hundred? You can actually support a team without shouting slogans for the whole test and having a 25 drink minimum. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind.

I thought the "look at the scoreboard" chant as a response to the 340th chorus of "we are the army" for the day was pretty funny really.
I was thinking the exact same thing...

A mate of mine who was at the game yesterday said that they Army sung "we are the army" for 30 minutes continuously... He said as much as he loves the army, they need to get some new material...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:

Haha a chant along the same lines started on the 3rd day at the Gabba as well. When england brought up the 100 the BA group near me started singing "we are the army" which was soon shot down by a few chants regarding the fact that they were 500 behind. Even funnier was that some guy was giving Brett Lee (who was fielding just in front of us) a hard time to which Lee turned around, smiled and put up 5 fingers.

TBH though the best thing i saw from the Fanatics was at 1 stage just after Pietersen got out early that morning, 2 of the Fanatics brought out a huge sign saying "Barmy Army.... Where the Bloody Hell Are Ya?"

greg

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
I think the comment that most gets me is "Look at Australia where (Shane) Warne had that 100 partnership with (Michael) Clarke (in the first innings). Those runs put the pressure back on to us."

He`s completely missing the point. England`s bowling wasn`t up to getting this pair out. If you have a good bowling attack, you`ll get Warne out and go through the tail. Yet he looks at it like Australia`s batting-depth did it.

Ludicrous.
Even if you avoid laughing, and taking this entire quote at face value, it begs the question: how many times has Ashley Giles scored 43 (Warne's score) in a test match? Come to think of it, how many times has our "Wk/batsman" at number 7 scored 43 in a test match?

Josh

International Regular
Haven't been online since the win, so I just gotta say:

UNBELIEVEABLE!!

England should go home now :)