• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Good session for England, brought the game back to parity. Assuming a similar scoring rate, 4/260 or so at stumps would be around par, I think. If England are 2 or 3 down and have one of these two still there at the end of the day, they've won it, at least by a small margin. They'll need to score 400+ tomorrow, but if they do that will leave plenty of pressure on the Australians, even on a good pitch.

You've got to feel for Warne really. You'll rarely see a bowler bowl that well for two sessions and not take a wicket. Certainly bowled much better so far today than he did in Brisbane when he took four.

cameeel

International Captain
Well done to Collingwood and Bell, but that's got to be the scratchiest half-century of recent times from Bell.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Aus won first session
Eng won second ...

so even at this stage IMO

if Aus can get an early wicket we're back on top
if England get to 200 with no loss of wickets........ eek

Bloody hell Collingwood is annoying... before the series i had a feeling he could be annoying like this... and if anyone forgot, in the Tour match against South Australia i think they were 2 down for not much and going REAL slow... but Collingwood and Bell fought back ...and England made quite a big score...
and then of course KP and Flintoff let loose with not that much pressure

Go Sarfraz :D :D :D

Bloody Warne has been bowling so well and 3490 times it has gone past the edge grrrrrrrrr :@

pasag

RTDAS
Very nice stuff from both England and Australia with England coming on top on the scorecard so far. Finally we have a contest. :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Geez, Langer did his best to mess that up.

Interesting period now, ball reversing a touch and a new batsmen in. One more for Australia and it's wide open.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Geez, Langer did his best to mess that up.

Interesting period now, ball reversing a touch and a new batsmen in. One more for Australia and it's wide open.
Yeah, was clearly Lee's catch, replays on 9 showed he wasn't to happy about it all.

pasag

RTDAS
Haha, fine stuff from Lee, clearly doing his best to answer critics whining throughout the week.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Frustrating cricket. McGrath has been SO unthreatening. Lee has had his good spells, but without much reward. Warne has been ridiculously unlucky. And who is Stuart Clark?

chalky

International Debutant
Lee around the wicket to KP with 3 men on the leg side boundry Looks like Lee is turning it up couple of notches here.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Looks quite windy out there. Is Warney coming in with that over his shoulder, or is he bowling into it? Can't tell.

Good game so far, and good toss to win for England. I missed the first session, but it looks like Clark's been good again. Collingwood again showing he has what it takes. Bell just can't seem to push on further at this stage, but he's certainly been no bunny thus far.

The Aussies have done well with those catching communication problems - so often they get dropped. That's the second time Lee's almost been a victim of someone else charging though, isn't it? I can't see why, 'cause he appeared to be quite adamant in his calling to me, and he's generally quite a safe pair of hands. He was obviously pretty annoyed about it, too.