• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

Gob

International Coach
Starc is fine. He was kind of underwhelming against SA and Pakistan last year but still instrumental in the important moments (getting Shafiq with a brutal delivery in Brisbane, triggering their last day collapse in Melbourne). Australia can afford to carry him through his wayward spells given his match-winning impact.
Was pretty good in India aswell getting Pujara with a beauty set that game up.

Compton

International Debutant
Starc does what he does.

He’s dangerous with the new ball, and he absolutely blows away the tail. His wicket ball being, largely, yorker length means that he will have matches where established batsman will get some runs against him with the old ball.

Even when he’s bowling **** he takes wickets, and that’s a damn fine quality to have in a bowler.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, he sounds awfully ****y for a guy who hasn't made a substantial score in a long time.

Burgey

How many Aussies think Sayers should get the nod for this Test ? Could be a preventative and careful resting of one of the quicks or is it more a case of let's try and get this series wrapped up as soon as possible with the three main quicks ? Or would Sayers represent a better selection on this pitch and in these conditions to get that 2-0 lead heading into Perth ?
If he played I would like to see him in for Starc, but I can’t see them doing it at all.

Edit: primarily cos I don’t know if Starc is 100%

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
So South Aussies.....have copped much rain overnight?

Vic is supposed to get absoluteley smashed over the weekend and as usual all our **** weather comes from you.

Burgey

I can exclusively report the Adelaide Oval has had 20mls of rain overnight with more predicted today and early tomorrow.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Yes, is this rain going to wash out the test. That keeps alive my dream for 1-1 at Melbourne with Stokes appearing in front of 90,000.

adub

International Captain
Starc does what he does.

He’s dangerous with the new ball, and he absolutely blows away the tail. His wicket ball being, largely, yorker length means that he will have matches where established batsman will get some runs against him with the old ball.

Even when he’s bowling **** he takes wickets, and that’s a damn fine quality to have in a bowler.
He's a bit of an enigma the old Starceh!

Garner with a white ball.

Inconsistent with a red ball. Can be glorious, can be gash. Not as extreme at either end than that other left arm Mitch, but not as consistent as you'd hope.

But he's inked in as part of a three man pace attack whenever he's fit. In combination with Haze and Cummins he works really really well. Especially when it's time to get the tail out and have a bat.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Thank heavens November is over and Pat Cummin's beautiful face will be available for our viewing pleasure come the 2nd test.

Burgey

Pat Cummins is indeed a rugged, handsome devil. A nice contrast to the pasty, nondescript English players.

howardj

International Coach
Tipping England to hit back hard in this Test like they did against South Africa after losing the opening Test match.

Australia, though they won by 10 wickets, weren't nearly as dominant as the mainstream media is making out in Brisbane.

Larwood's_boots

U19 Debutant
Tipping England to hit back hard in this Test like they did against South Africa after losing the opening Test match.

Australia, though they won by 10 wickets, weren't nearly as dominant as the mainstream media is making out in Brisbane.
Tell me about it mate, England were well on top at one point in the first innings until the Aussies got bailed out by an unbelievable captain's innings. Smith played a few bad shots early on and if he goes out then it's England's to win.

Of course the other way to look at it is that we were well in front and then wound up chucking it away, but I'm basically on your side that the disaster of it has been overstated. On the evidence of the first test they need to figure out a way to get Smith out early and keep themselves in longer (already been over the idiocy of some of the second innings dismissals), but these are absolutely fixable problems.

Cow

Banned
Australian cricketers are behaved extraordinarily immaturely since the end of the Brisbane test. He's a great batsmen, but Steve Smith is not a leader of men in the same way Border and Waugh were. Not a man to follow out of the trenches.

Victor Ian

International Coach
In Australia, is this test shown on the internet anywhere for free, such as the TV is? I broke my TV and now only have the PC to turn to until I get of my arse and go buy another one.