• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good for Ravindra to bat with Mitchell here. Complete contrast to Kane. Mitchell will be busy and keeping the pressure on. Hope he gets a chance to bat with Phillips too.

Kane kills you softly. Mitchell kills you like you're in a game of Street Fighter.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Um so just noticed this match on cricinfo. Who the hell are all these SA players. I recognised like 3 names
CSA thought they'd upstage NZC at undermining the integrity of test cricket. Wishful thinking but I hope it doesn't happen again.

After NZ batters finish this average-boosting, I will be really interested to see how Jamieson goes. I guess he did play the two tests in Bangladesh late last year, but it still feels like he's coming back from injury and hasn't had a lot of long-form cricket (played one domestic FC match). Such an important bowler for this NZ side in the next few years.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Did Kane just get bored there?

De Swardt proving CDG speed bowlers still have a place in the game
I honestly can't remember Kane ever playing one hoick in a Test (unless the situation called for it) let alone 3 that I saw.

I'm just honestly floored by that shot. I can't get my head around why he played it, especially after as glaring as the one was yesterday that got dropped off the same bowler.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Is Brand the only guy bowling spin for SAf? NZ have three spinners and MM tends to take the most spin, so it's interesting to go so pace-heavy.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Good for Ravindra to bat with Mitchell here. Complete contrast to Kane. Mitchell will be busy and keeping the pressure on. Hope he gets a chance to bat with Phillips too.

Kane kills you softly. Mitchell kills you like you're in a game of Street Fighter.
Mitchell has scored 10 runs off 44 balls.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Mitchell being 10 off 44 just makes Kane's shot so much more hard to fathom. Or maybe they've decided they want one batsman in gear at all times, Kane was deemed to be it, and now it's Rachin.

thierry henry

International Coach
I'm only following cricinfo commentary at the moment, but in between the dot balls there seems to be a lot of edges and generally dodgy shots when the batsmen try to attack. Is it actually just a bit of a tricky surface?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Like Cricket Captain when you know your side is useless and you have your bowling set at the lowest defensive option. Enough going on for South Africa to already lose this by an innings.