• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I'm only following cricinfo commentary at the moment, but in between the dot balls there seems to be a lot of edges and generally dodgy shots when the batsmen try to attack. Is it actually just a bit of a tricky surface?
They're showing some graphics where the ball is still both swinging and sometimes seaming a surprising amount. However I don't know that it's really doing it from the middle of the wicket on a fullish length, plus a lot of it is at a gentle pace. So I will be interested to see how well our bowlers can exploit it.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe he wasn't in the Test team immediately after the world cup
Yeah. I guess maybe it was a deliberate plan to give him a confidence-boosting test comeback in this home series against what was always going to be a fairly unthreatening bowling attack? But that's probably giving Stead and co too much credit.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If RSA U19 lose against India on Tuesday, South Africa should get Maphaka in the side for the 2nd test.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hah, it's always fun when Daz unleashes one of the those monstrously overpowered straight drives in tests.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The sort of straight drive where the bowler is usually just woops I couldn't get my hands there in time.

Incredible catch, really.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ugh, another horrible shot. I'm going to presume this pitch is really hard to get in on or force the pace on

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So I went and checked the crapinfo profile of this De Swardt and his fielding position is listed as wicket keeper.

Is he really just a wicket keeper who is having a bowl?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha WTF is happening here. Glenn trying to take a single straight to a cover that is shallow if anything.

The whole approach to this Test feels haywire. Is it the rust of not playing long-form cricket for so long? Is it the perceived star quality of the opposition and fear of getting out to them? Is it the pitch?

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Ravindra now has Sinclair's 25 year old national record in his sights eg highest maiden century by a New Zealand batsman- 214.