• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Curran has been found out by the shorter ball in test cricket

not to say he can't overcome that but it's a major issue for him

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Would be interesting to know how many teams have successfully chased over 250+ three tubes in a row. England is impressive.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bracewell is visibly not bowling anywhere close to as bad as his figures suggest (just as i say this he’s bowled a full toss) but Root in particular has been very aggressive against him. When Root these days gets in a mood you just can’t do much to stop him.

I sincerely doubt Ajaz would’ve done much better here but I agree he deserved a chance.
Ajaz could have had more idea of how to adapt to being reverse swept relentlessly. Bracewell might literally have never experienced that before. It’s one of the problems with picking a spinner because his action looks decent.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Nzl have played well enough to go away with a 2-1 loss this series. It will need a massive lollapse or a crazy spell from Southee under overcast conditions tho.

91Jmay

International Coach
Ajaz could have had more idea of how to adapt to being reverse swept relentlessly. Bracewell might literally have never experienced that before. It’s one of the problems with picking a spinner because his action looks decent.
Yeah obviously never experienced it but must be a uniquely horrible thing to have to try and plan against. You can't go at them as lefties so to have a genuinely otherworldly player of spin doing it to you and to try and adapt on the fly is rough

Aritro

International Regular
Just checked the score and I see the Poms made 61 off the last 10 overs, including 10 off the very last one before stumps.

Tune in tomorrow as they try and knock off the remaining runs before the first drinks break.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Obviously NZ haven’t reacted well enough to England’s free scoring, but TBF in the past you’d have peak Wagner and CdG to pick up the slack. Not the case any more (daft team selections aside).

No shame in admitting the attack needs a rethink, if not a rebuild. But man the brains trust clearly are taking their time over it.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Just checked the score and I see the Poms made 61 off the last 10 overs, including 10 off the very last one before stumps.

Tune in tomorrow as they try and knock off the remaining runs before the first drinks break.
If this England team was batting in this match they'd have chased it down and had a few days sight-seeing in Durban left at the end.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
new zealand team will carry to many scars after this tour, at least 5 players need to go
Whilst this is a slippy post therefore a bit fast and loose, there has to be a rethink of the way this side operates. That's three **** series' in a row now.

Will Young is not an opener and his career will be derailed until we realise this. Either we play Conway as an opener and realise that's a better option, or we back Ravindra in - although Ajaz Patel will be in the foetal position permanently if this happens. If it does, bat Conway at 3 and allow Kane to drop a spot. Kane is God but his game could do with less responsibility, and England has it exactly right with Root.
I love him, but Wagner is done and whilst we got SO much wrong in this series, him not playing was not one of them. He's cooked. Boult was excellent in this series, Southee wasn't, but still convinced those are your best two guys. Then Jamieson, and we need to unearth a new 3rd/4th seamer because Matt Henry isn't it in a lot of conditions. It isn't going to be Lachie, incidentally. Sears is probably the difference this side needs, as long as his body is up to it.
I love this guy too but Henry Nicholls is now in grave danger given Mitchell looks every inch Test class and so does Blundell. They can bat 5-6 no trouble, which allows us to play an all-rounder that isn't Michael Bracewell (seriously, can anyone think of a less deserving NZ Test cricketer on performance?), or someone like Phillips to extend the top order.