• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bad luck to Overton, but I have to say as an NZ fan that was one of the most frustrating innings to watch that I’ve ever seen. Every second or third ball it seemed like he was playing and missing or getting a thick edge into a gap.
Thanks for that, Darlingface.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
At least our batters can't complain of fatigue we've only been there fielding for 60 overs

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shame I'm too cheap to pay for whoever is streaming this here. If there's one sight in cricket I'd drop everything for to watch, it's Broad giving it some welly with the bat.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah but it’s a fairly run of the mill bad selection, no worse than England picking Crawley when he’d struggle to get in the Kent team. Knowingly picking 8 batsmen and 3 bowlers would be another level of madness.
No, this is worse. Bad batsmen are picked all the time. Imagine if Crawley (a similar FC bat to Bracewell) bowled offies during the declaration overs for a couple of seasons, picked up 20-30 wickets at 40-50 and got picked ahead of Jack Leach or Graeme Swann to bowl.

This is the single worst nz selection I have ever seen. It's insane both in how poor of a read it is and in its contempt for a proven bowler who has bowled us to victory before and the system he came from.

Whoever made this decision must never be involved with NZ coaching and selection again in any capacity, even if it was KW.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I know the 90s had insane selection decisions, but this is the worst NZ selection call since a 19 year old Ken Rutherford was picked to debut in the Windies as an opener against peak Marshall. Hopefully now Bracewell will knock over the tail and turn it heaps on day 5.

Last edited:

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Finally they've brought Bracewell on. Either he gets smashed and never plays as a bowler again or takes couple of wickets and get us to bat again.