• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Interested to see how Latham shuffles bowlers here. He and KW have had no qualms in bowling pacers to the ground, should really have an eye on the next game as well.

nzfan

If England needs to draw this game they need be able to see off 6-8 overs without losing a wicket. For us, every over gone without a wicket will create more stress.

nzfan

You have a higher estimation of this England's team sanity levels than I do.
I can see why you say that, Bairstow looks so out of touch but he's not shy of driving everything. Madness I think but if England does get there from here, I'll make England as my second favorite team.

nzfan

Having seen Kane and Latham captain I don't think Latham will be bringing Bracewell on till Bairstow is at the crease.

Moss

Wouldn't mind Southee and a bit of Mitchell bowling dry - see if they try to attack DM.
Maybe one more over from Henry to see if he can work Bairstow over. Then again, you’d want to bring your spinner on early to see if there’s any purchase.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Interested to see how Latham shuffles bowlers here. He and KW have had no qualms in bowling pacers to the ground, should really have an eye on the next game as well.
Also this game where very-long spells on day 5 are likely to lead to tired bowlers who lose pace/accuracy. Breaks needed and something different from Bracewell & Mitchell may have its own benefit.

I have the same feeling as you though, that Latham will just want to bowl the main three until they're dead.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit better from Southee. If he ain’t feeling it he at least needs to bowl dryish to maintain some pressure

nzfan

Bracewell is on.... Yay. I have figured I never quite cheered him much for his bowling but today I'd like him to take 5 fer and make us all eat our words.

Anything he does will be a bonus considering he's a wicket keeper that has taken to bowling only in the last couple of years. If he can do some magic, he'll be a folklore.

nzfan

The field is just a bit too spread to my liking for Bracewell. Would have liked more fielders inside the ring and entice them to go for it.

I don't see any turn though, pretty straight so far.