• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

91Jmay

International Coach
And I hate to reiterate the point but honestly why the hell has Ajaz not bowled. Genuinely thought he was going to be quite a key player this innings when I went to bed yesterday, it was looking pretty flat and, well, he's a good bowler. Taking him off after Stokes whacked a few boundaries and then not giving him another over is just appalling captaincy. You can say conditions aren't in his favour and these two are good players of spin but so what - you've got to give the guy a chance.
He should have come off after Stokes got out still, but defo should have bowled more. Yesterday evening we were scoring freely, Foakes was ropey early against seam but Southee was flogged before close physically

jcas0167

International Debutant
Shiv was within reach of Lara's tally...the selectors dropped him. He never played another test match
I see he came within about 100 runs of Lara's tally although it sounds like the decision was supported on form grounds.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I feel England will now be quite confident. A game like this helps when they came back and seized the momentum when they were staring down the barrel more than once.

I think the middle order or England, Root, Bairstow and Stokes are formidable. Root in particular will be giving our bowlers sleepless nights.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Brilliant win and a brilliant test match. But it’s anything other than ‘new England’. We won because of our quality bowling, then Root and Stokes with the bat. Nothing new, so NZ still well in this series, which is exciting.
To be fair that's how every side wins games on average, bowling being more impactful than batting. It's why England has had a decent home record for a long while despite their batting lineups.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Brilliant knock from Root.

NZ should not be too discouraged though apart from Root and Stokes England haven’t really shown they they have much else in the top order so it’s quite an open series
NZs top order is from another galaxy on paper but looks as shambolic as England's currently in the middle.

Flem274*

123/5
Also it's nice to see that, in a shocking twist, picking your best bowlers available helps a struggling team. Good England.

White Ball

State 12th Man
I see he came within about 100 runs of Lara's tally although it sounds like the decision was supported on form grounds.

The thing is and Silly cow can confirm but I am pretty sure Shiv was ranked number 3 in the world at the time in Test Cricket so despite his age and with the windies struggling to produce quality test batters in recent times it didn’t make sense..

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Done like a dinner by the woeful England who played with a rookie captain and coach.
Just can't handle this, I'm done with life, there's just no real need to keep breathing.
You'll be the first one in front of telly the next match haha

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah no paper over cracks, still dog**** side.

Potts hopefully a useful home conditions player but side only going to get worse with big dogs retiring. Dying sport alas.

But anyway on that positive note, brilliant win from our best player I've ever seen. Fell out of love with cricket in a big way but really enjoyed the Test match as a whole

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The thing is and Silly cow can confirm but I am pretty sure Shiv was ranked number 3 in the world at the time in Test Cricket so despite his age and with the windies struggling to produce quality test batters in recent times it didn’t make sense..
It was blatant to see for everyone. Prior to Shiv's exit, he made something like 115 in a handful of innings, so the selectors had ammunition to drop him.

He should have never been treated the way that he was. Any other country and he would have exited on the shoulders of the future generation.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Brilliant win and a brilliant test match. But it’s anything other than ‘new England’. We won because of our quality bowling, then Root and Stokes with the bat. Nothing new, so NZ still well in this series, which is exciting.
True though Potts was good. Maybe not sub-10 test bowling average level of good, but still bowled very well.