• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

ashley bach

International Captain
Patel bowled well and took wickets in warm-up matches, he also took wickets when we beat England last year. With CDG back, Patel gave the attack balance.
Balance? Sounds hilarious given he bowled 2 overs. It is very peculiar why he played if if they weren't going to give him a chance.

Meridio

International Regular
And I hate to reiterate the point but honestly why the hell has Ajaz not bowled. Genuinely thought he was going to be quite a key player this innings when I went to bed yesterday, it was looking pretty flat and, well, he's a good bowler. Taking him off after Stokes whacked a few boundaries and then not giving him another over is just appalling captaincy. You can say conditions aren't in his favour and these two are good players of spin but so what - you've got to give the guy a chance.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some win this after the position we were in at the start of day 3. No way were we winning from there but Broad, Stokes and Root did us proud. Man of the match will probably be Root but I'd give it to Potts. Some find.

As for NZ, batting let them down but Jamieson is class. This series will go to the wire.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats England. Well done. Too good.

I'd still only have Root, Stokes, and Anderson in a combined Anglo-Kiwi XI though which shows how poor we have been.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
This loss really hurts. Two warm up games that turned out to be non first class open net. Didn't use the resources presented by generous England very well.

We had so many opportunities to get one over England but stumbled at crucial stages of the game.

Bowling was generally good but then same old problem of under utilizing spin and when there's not much happening we run out of ideas.

The test was much closer than the scorecard suggests but England got there quite easily.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
And I hate to reiterate the point but honestly why the hell has Ajaz not bowled. Genuinely thought he was going to be quite a key player this innings when I went to bed yesterday, it was looking pretty flat and, well, he's a good bowler. Taking him off after Stokes whacked a few boundaries and then not giving him another over is just appalling captaincy. You can say conditions aren't in his favour and these two are good players of spin but so what - you've got to give the guy a chance.
Meanwhile Parkinson a debutant bowled 16 overs.

thierry henry

International Coach
Like I know we all know this, but we were like 240 ahead and 4 down. This was an APPALLING capitulation from a $1.01 situation. Luckily I expect these things so I’m ok and will just continue on with my baseline deep sadness.

ataraxia

International Coach
Did pretty well given Ajaz wasn't bowled, and Williamson and Conway had double failures.

Still appalling.

hazsa19

International Regular
Brilliant win and a brilliant test match. But it’s anything other than ‘new England’. We won because of our quality bowling, then Root and Stokes with the bat. Nothing new, so NZ still well in this series, which is exciting.

Flem274*

123/5
We remember the "what if?" losses for years.
For me it's knowing that the slide NZ are on was preventable and shouldn't be happening with the players available, but as usual after a few good years NZC drop the ball.

"We work really hard and do the best we can with what we've got" says board who marginalize FC cricket and focus on forcing us to like t20 dribble for 2 years.

You watch the odi wc. Same shambles will happen and NZ management will be all Pikachu shocked face mixer with a shrug.

One or two losses is no big deal but the consistent disappearances with a team who should be very challenging for most is a symptom of a wider problem NZC will only address if it hits the t20 team.

We used to lol at radiosport, but the demise of non-sycophant media during covid is actively permitting this. The ACC and Marty Banks page will run smokescreen though.