• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Yes Mitchell! What a immense innings in a crisis.

Despite not always looking the part he's had a pretty amazing 7-8 months - opening at the T20 world cup, batting at 3 and 5 in the test side, and hasn't let anyone down.
When has this 'not looked the part' thing taken hold? I've not remembered many NZers who have looked more the part as him ever since him his debut. Guy knows his game. Never looked uncertain or out of depth.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Jimmy's averaging 88 in 3rd or 4th innings over the last 12 months. Probably not a huge sample tbf.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bugger, came out of the blue a bit that, batting had looked pretty easy in the first few overs. Still well played Daz.

Moss

When has this 'not looked the part' thing taken hold? I've not remembered many NZers who have looked more the part as him ever since him his debut. Guy knows his game. Never looked uncertain or out of depth.
Possibly a stronger choice of words than intended, but until the semifinal vs England wasn't sure that T20 opening was his thing, while for recent test matches did get the feeling early on that #5 was a bit high for him. Difference in perception I guess?

Shame he's out now. Was looking in fine form this morning.

Moss

Wow, that's such a CdG dismissal. Robs NZ of some quick and crucial runs.

Can Jaimeson put his batting chops to some use here?