• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Jezroy

State Captain
Why wouldn’t you play Mitchell as an opener and keep Conway at four?
I don’t think Mitchell should be a test opener. T20 he came off a bit, but not for me in tests.

I feel like he’s good at 5, but when Nicholls is recovered that’s his slot.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Forecast tomorrow is just for a lot of cloud, which suits NZ down to the ground. Bit of morning rain scheduled for Sunday, but Monday it's back to being overcast with a chance of an evening shower. If the forecast holds true (and given how good the drainage is at Lords) there'll definitely be enough time for a result.

London (Greater London) weather - Met Office
Sounds right. So there's plenty of time for Kane to declare and bowl England out, freeing up tomorrow for more enjoyable past-times.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Thought Anderson was starting to look pretty tired in his final spell yesterday. That first hour is crucial. Breakthrough, and England still have a strong chance of keeping the target to under 300. But if Mitchell and Blundell survive, a 400+ target starts looking like a real possibility.
You'd think that your first point will be increasingly relevant with our opening bowlers, and the new management may think twice about playing both of them all of the time. Or at least they may do if enough of the youngsters can actually stay fit enough to play at all.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Anderson or Broad have any particular stamina problems despite their advancing years. They just need to be able to bowl a side out and not be bowling again 45 overs later.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Anderson or Broad have any particular stamina problems despite their advancing years. They just need to be able to bowl a side out and not be bowling again 45 overs later.
That would indeed help, but there's precious little sign of it happening any time soon.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Play to start soon in overcast conditions with the new ball one over away. Come on Jimmy, your country needs you.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Yes Mitchell! What a immense innings in a crisis.

Despite not always looking the part he's had a pretty amazing 7-8 months - opening at the T20 world cup, batting at 3 and 5 in the test side, and hasn't let anyone down.