• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
What's going on with Kane of late. Looks perfectly fine, he's moving really well and playing late but then he's nicking off often more than ever. He''ll generally pull off the back foot punches, that's one shot he doesn't usually miss out on.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
What's going on with Kane of late. Looks perfectly fine, he's moving really well and playing mate but then he's nicking off often more than ever. He's generally pull off the back foot punches, that's one shot he doesn't usually miss out on.
he hasn't played a real game, one that matters and requires traditional skill, since our tour of india 9ish months ago.

Moss

Disappointing choice of shot from Kane, was still early into his innings.

White Ball

State 12th Man
Kanes form at the moment reminds me of Virat in tests both don’t look out of form or struggling at all they actually look good but then out of no where have a lapse and play a poor shot early on. Is it just a mental block?

jcas0167

International Debutant
I guess he missed the whole home summer with that elbow problem. This is a guy who is pretty well known for the time he spends working on his batting. His timing might be slightly out and he hasn't had much time in the middle in the IPL.

nzfan

Conway has decided he'll keep looking to score. He's one of those guys that feels comfortable when putting bat on ball consistently rather than keep leaving.

Moss

Grrr. Hope we don’t need CdG and the lower order again to put up a defendable score.

nzfan

Bugger... Latham looked probably the best today but then one ball nibbled a bit and he's gone

Flametree

International 12th Man
This reminds me of Edgbaston and the Oval on the '99 tour. Who will be the Cairns or Tudor to play the one descisive innings...

Flem274*

123/5
I'm going to bed. If I wake to 90 all out and a 10 wicket loss I want heads to roll.

Our seconds dispatched this lot 12 months ago. Compete ffs.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno what it is about Potts - just debutant things? Yes he's bowling ok though nowhere near the figures he's picked up.

Perhaps he bowls a Heavy Ball (TM) - may have to watch closely in his run-up to see if he surreptitiously adds a few grams of extra mass somewhere in his gather movement.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well this is a grim score to come home to. If KW can't find some touch soon this is going to be a tough series for NZ.