• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I’m guessing this what drunk-on-2005 England fans might’ve felt like after 2006/07.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
shouldn't bairstow be the man of the match? i get that leach took 10 wickets and usually i would side with the bowlers but without bairstow's contribution especially in the 1st innings, england would have been at a significant disadvantage in this test...?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Full credit to BMAC and stokes for what they've done with this england lineup in his short term. Basically the same team that NZ B and india beat handily a year or two ago and they absolutely moly hopped a near full-strength NZ.

ashley bach

International Captain
shouldn't bairstow be the man of the match? i get that leach took 10 wickets and usually i would side with the bowlers but without bairstow's contribution especially in the 1st innings, england would have been at a significant disadvantage in this test...?
LOL yeah the guy averaged 232 for the match with an absurd strike rate of about 120, what more do you need to do?
On top of this Leach was handed a few of his wickets, but 10 wickets for a spinner in England is rare so can kind of understand why they went this way.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
We seem to get obliterated when handed a 3 test series by one of the ‘Big 3’. Happened on the last dismal tour of Australia. Not good.

Just wondering how long Southee and Wagner will go on now.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
i dont think many teams could chase over 280 in 3 test matches in a row in test history, thats why we have to question the bowling on display
Pitches were pretty flat throughout. Even on day five the pitches were pretty much like day two pitches. Never any deterioration in conditions. And the balls were soft once you survived the first spells. Remember that sides have been racking up 500s for fun in the CC this season when 150-200s are often the norm.

AndrewB

Prettt sure it's Yasir Shah at Sydney in 2017, brought up his ton off 12.1 overs. The utter contempt with which he was treated that innings was absolutely astonishing.
I think it's Bryce McGain (Cape Town 2009)- at one point his figures were 10.3-2-100-0.
There was also Shahadat Hossain (Lord's 2005), whose final figures were 12-0-101-0 (the hundred came up off his penultimate ball).

nzfan

Send the boys home
Some will come back and then we will see bunch of guys playing the white ball cricket vs Ireland, Scotland and the dutch. I think we will still see some old heads carve up runs and wickets against these sides. I don't think I will be watching much. Likely just the highlights.