• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Meridio

International Regular
Thought that was out live, and that's exactly the way Blundell gets out. Make it count please Tom.

Aritro

International Regular
Really? Isn't seam harder in general anyway for most bats? Later movement off the pitch should be difficult to play I would have thought regardless, especially in England.
You need a responsive pitch for it whereas with swing you can sometimes take the pitch out of the equation, ala loads of good to great Pakistani bowlers. But yeah, later movement harder to play I would have thought. It's just boring, aesthetically ****e and a far easier skill to master.

Flem274*

123/5
Well well well, if it isn't the consequences of focusing on T20 dribble for 2 years and shortening the FC season to save money.

Who is enforcing standards in this team? You're paid more than 98% of the population to have one of the best jobs in the world.

Stead out. White out.

England have been excellent. They've been on the money almost every over.

Xix2565

International Debutant
You need a responsive pitch for it whereas with swing you can sometimes take the pitch out of the equation, ala loads of good to great Pakistani bowlers. But yeah, later movement harder to play I would have thought. It's just boring, aesthetically ****e and a far easier skill to master.
Oh I get the pitch stuff but I'd have thought in general seam > swing when both are in play. England especially should since their two best do both.

Chubb

International Regular
It’s really going to depend if “like for like” means spinner for spinner or SLA for SLA.

Moeen is not like for like because he is an all rounder. As much as I love Leach he isn’t. Will have to be Parkinson, Bess or Dawson.