• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Good grief you have a new ball and the best new ball bowler of the last 20 years, and you do this?

10th wicket invariably sends us mental. Do they not remember the Shami/Bumrah fiasco just 12 months ago?

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
If I was bowling to a number eleven, eighty overs in, I'd rather bowl line and length with the new ball and risk being driven through mid-off than bowl short with the old ball where any edge will go for four.

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah, I feel like teams see him smiling like an idiot and his unorthodox technique and just underestimate him
Yeah I mean tbh he’s a decent number 10 or a dodgy number 9 based on his record alone, and that record has been compiled via a variety of idiotic dismissals and incredible shots.

Look at Henry and Jamieson trying to either hook or duck and making both look very difficult whereas Boult is absolutely middling the same balls over mid off, cover or mid wicket. Somehow he’s a number 11 who can legitimately play shots others aren’t capable of.