• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* Official * 2022 Commonwealth Games Women's T20

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Beaumont 52 off 25 - making a bit of a statement about her omission from the England squad.

Himannv

International Coach
Glenn takes a lot of wickets in T20, Ecclestone is the star bowler rn, and at home they probably thought two spinners will be enough (they're also looking to develop the young seamers Kemp and Wong)

Re Beaumont I found this https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/62236851 . Not gonna comment on the cricketing logic of that I think
I figured Dean would at least make the squad but sounds like they believe in Glenn as well.

What's their best XI in this format anyway? Something like:

01. Dunkley
02. Wyatt
03. Knight
04. Sciver
05. Jones+
06. Bouchier/Capsey?
07. Brunt
08. Ecclestone
09. Cross
10. Davies/Kemp
11. Glenn/Wong

Which youngsters do they go with? They've tried out a fair few recently from the looks of it.

_Ed_

Wong has to be in there, IMO - fantastic prospect. With Tahuhu seemingly on the way out, I wish NZ had someone with her pace coming through.

Himannv

International Coach
I highly rate Wong as well but I read somewhere they are careful with her workload and don't want to overbowl her.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sciver will probably be bowling, so I reckon they'll pick two from Bouchier/Capsey/Smith and shuffle Brunt and Ecclestone to 8 and 9, then Cross 10 and either Glenn or Wong 11 depending on conditions

(Cross hasn't played T20 for three years but it would be weird if they picked her and then not decided to use her here I think)

Himannv

International Coach
Sciver will probably be bowling, so I reckon they'll pick two from Bouchier/Capsey/Smith and shuffle Brunt and Ecclestone to 8 and 9, then Cross 10 and either Glenn or Wong 11 depending on conditions

(Cross hasn't played T20 for three years but it would be weird if they picked her and then not decided to use her here I think)
What are your thoughts on Davies and Kemp?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
What are your thoughts on Davies and Kemp?
Davies is a bit of a stopgap I feel. She peaks at about 100kph, doesn't get the swing that Brunt can get, and isn't particularly accurate either.

I haven't seen much of Kemp, she is only 17, but she bowled really well with good movement on T20 finals day and that's probably why they picked her. I think she's still getting used to bowling longer spells than about two overs though.

_Ed_

Yeah, it's the same here on Sky NZ - our six dedicated Commonwealth Games channels currently have rugby sevens, triathlon, highlights of the World Athletics Championships (?!), cycling, swimming and gymnastics.