• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

Kirkut

International Regular
Ashwin is tough enough to handle short pitched bowling, it is Anderson's reverse swing that frightens me as a fan right now.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So last time a team won a series in India ( 2012 Eng ) Jadeja didn't play. Is Jadeja out of whole series ?
Jadeja debuted in 4th test of 2012 series and that match was draw.
jadeja played one test in that series

Kirkut

International Regular
So last time a team won a series in India ( 2012 Eng ) Jadeja didn't play. Is Jadeja out of whole series ?
Jadeja debuted in 4th test of 2012 series and that match was draw.
With the kind of bowling resources we have right now, we shouldn't be over-reliant on one bowler to do most of the damage especially at home.

pardus

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why didn't the Umpire give Rahane lbw out after the review (the delivery just before he was bowled)? How does review work?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We are scarily dependent on Jaddu and Ash at home. We can't really replace either but then again Jaddu being unfit was so random. He is usually super fit and recovers faster from injuries too.

I will say again there is amazing level of over reaction here. We are losing coz other team got the advantage and played quality cricket to ensure they did not hand it back. I don't think we were poor in any discipline really, even catching, apart from the one easy catch and stumping that were missed, which is ok compared to how we were in Australia. England have sustained a level of play that I did not think they could for 5 days and so kudos to them. But its hard to see them keep getting lucky with both tosses and pitches (and lets face it, no good team will lose on this track after winning the toss and batting first) and India do seem to be getting better as the game goes on, especially the big players - Bumrah, Ishant, Ashwin with the ball and Virat with the bat. Rahane is the only worry really and I expect him to come back strong this series too. I think I called 2-1 at the start of the series and I see no reason to change that prediction yet.

Of course, Anderson bowling a godly spell here does not mean what England did yesterday post tea was right either. I mean, they may still yet rue those overs they wasted.

sunilz

International Regular
With the kind of bowling resources we have right now, we shouldn't be over-reliant on one bowler to do most of the damage especially at home.
Jadeja is the gold standard in Indian conditions. We have resources in fast bowling dept. In spin it is Jadeja, Ashwin and daylight

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
jaddu's right hand is the injured one i think

get him in there asap even if he has to wear a cast
It was his bottom hand, the bowling hand... The ****er just got hurt at the worst place for a bowler of his ilk, the bowling hand thumb and index finger.