• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Monty or Gilo seems the only remaining selectorial conundrum left now. Smart money on Juan Carlos, but I still think it's the wrong decision. I personally reckon it was more-or-less a done deal from the off , unless Monty had happened to take hatfuls v NSW or SA.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
still in doubt..got school tomorrow, really early aswell :/
will see off the toss, then decide :)

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Well obviously his lack of wickets in the warm up games completely counters him being by far our best bowler during the summer. What did you really expect from mad Dunc?

Still he'll use any excuse to get Giles in the team ahead of Monty. Ian Bell's injury worry being the latest mentioned on Sky Sports.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can't wait, I'm so excited though I won't be watching it from the start. Might be the best thing TBH, made the mistake last time of watching it from the get go and time sunlight had appeared the Ashes were already lost.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
Monty or Gilo seems the only remaining selectorial conundrum left now. Smart money on Juan Carlos, but I still think it's the wrong decision. I personally reckon it was more-or-less a done deal from the off , unless Monty had happened to take hatfuls v NSW or SA.
I thought it was a done deal as well, but if so, why did he miss the last warm up game when he needs middle time?!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
I thought it was a done deal as well, but if so, why did he miss the last warm up game when he needs middle time?!
Dunno. A Machiavellian plot to let Monty play himself out of the first test by Dunc?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Should be asleep but I'm not. The Sky box/LNB/whatever is playing up and I'm getting jolly batey with it, talk about bad timing.

Time to hit the drinks perhaps.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fingers crossed the weather stays good here, whenever it rains (heavily) my Sky cuts out on me.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Aye, terribly rainy and windy up here which might be part of the problem.

NTL by Perth if I can persuade 'er indoors.

PY

International Coach
I'm starting to warm to the idea of an Ashes series, and that's with it being 4 degrees or something stupid outside.

C'mon, get on with it already. Loving the Ashes buildup thing on BBC, anyone who someone might know has an opinion. :laugh:

Woodster

International Captain
COME ON THE THREE LIONS!!!
20 minutes till the countdown programme comes on Sky Sports, 80 minutes till the players stride out onto the green lush outfield of The Gabba!

Feeling a bit tired already! Still there's only about another 8 hours to go before I can have a quick hours sleep before work!

Hpoe we bat first and start positively, 80 for 0 at lunch will go down very nicely.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd take that. I'd take anything for 0 at lunch. Unless we lose the toss, of course!