• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That never seems like a particularly good play though. Even ignoring the risk involved you generally give away 5-15 meters depending on the length/depth of the pass. The winger generally doesn't do that well given they have little time to wind up. There's times when that won't be an option as well, particularly when cleaning up short kicks in your own 20.

French's game definitely isn't without merit, I just think he has more of a downside than other small fullbacks like Ponga or Moylan. They aren't big guys by any stretch but manage to get to ground when caught and get don't get driven back as far or as often as French. Maybe it's a technique thing he can work on. He doesn't need to run the ball back like Dallin or J Treb, just not be a liability.
Yeah I think it's fair to say French's kick returns are crap beyond what we can attribute to his frame.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think the squad is actually pretty solid on paper, but that's probably even more reason to suggest Brown could be under pressure. It's one thing to struggle with a dire roster, but if you can't coach this team into top eight contention then it's going to fall back on you as a coach more than the other factors at the club.
That's why I think he's done for, even as the squad has improved in terms of the level of talent available, IMO it's never felt like he could make anything of it. Just all feels a bit meh apart from when Ponga lights up (there are worse plans tbf, the pass to Lee for the first try on the weekend was incredible)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Based on this first half, Brown can't be chuffed off soon enough. This team is a shambles, they've got no direction whatsoever.

Part of that is the halves i guess, but they just have the look of a poorly coached team.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How salty are these former Bronco's players?

They aren't saying anything if Walters is coach.
I think there would be a bit more 'give him time' quotes if Walters was the coach but overall I don't think Broncos are ever happy when they are 1W 4L.

This team is just so much more prone to making basic errors in both attack and defence compared to previous Bronx teams. It all starts with our captain and fullback Boyd IMO. Pretty sure we'd have a positive record with a RTS or Tedesco leading from the back. The overall spine doesn't work either. Can't believe McCullough and Milford played Origin just last year.

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
Based on this first half, Brown can't be chuffed off soon enough. This team is a shambles, they've got no direction whatsoever.

Part of that is the halves i guess, but they just have the look of a poorly coached team.
Yeah, the Knights just look and play like a team of random players thrown together 5 minutes ago.

I think there would be a bit more 'give him time' quotes if Walters was the coach but overall I don't think Broncos are ever happy when they are 1W 4L.

This team is just so much more prone to making basic errors in both attack and defence compared to previous Bronx teams. It all starts with our captain and fullback Boyd IMO. Pretty sure we'd have a positive record with a RTS or Tedesco leading from the back. The overall spine doesn't work either. Can't believe McCullough and Milford played Origin just last year.
Boyd is just dialing it in at this point, perhaps with the exception of the other day. Hard to believe he is actually captain. Agree with the forwards - kinda ironic that Lodge is one of, if not the most disciplined of the lot.

I remember 2015 quite well and was sure Milford would have at least 1 Dally M medal by now. Nikorima is probably as close to as good as he will get at this point. Certainly one of the worst performing spines atm.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
The Broncos have had such an ordinary spine for so long. It's weird considering the club's pulling power.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Knights main problem is that their pack is woeful atm. Klemmer and Saifiti are going well. The rest are offering very little. Hooker and the edges are a particular problem.

Seibold can at least offer the problems with the squad as an excuse. Brown's built this team from the ground up so it's all on him though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The Broncos have had such an ordinary spine for so long. It's weird considering the club's pulling power.
Not really true. In 2017 a spine of Boyd Milford Hunt McCullough was still producing. It wasn't sensational, but definitely far from ordinary.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Not really true. In 2017 a spine of Boyd Milford Hunt McCullough was still producing. It wasn't sensational, but definitely far from ordinary.
Yeah fair enough. Just feels like I've been watching Nikorima forever.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Knights main problem is that their pack is woeful atm. Klemmer and Saifiti are going well. The rest are offering very little. Hooker and the edges are a particular problem.

Seibold can at least offer the problems with the squad as an excuse. Brown's built this team from the ground up so it's all on him though.
I don't even think the team Brown has built has anything wrong with it per se. He's just coaching them pretty terribly.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't even think the team Brown has built has anything wrong with it per se. He's just coaching them pretty terribly.
Hooker is a pretty big hole. Don't really think (Saifiti aside) that their back row offers too much with the ball. It's by no means a train wreck though as you say.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Far too many errors from Parra last night. Cost them any chance in what was a tight game for 65 minutes. Canberra away is a tough enough road trip without handing the ball back to them time after time.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GI retired. Right thing from his well being POV you'd think. Great player. I think the most devastating outside back I've ever seen. Would probably have been the best fullback ever had he played there more often, and was a gun at 5/8 as well as centre.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah fantastic player but hasn't been the same for a few years now. Always managed to turn it on come Origin ofc.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully this paves the way for the triumphant return of the mighty Justin O'Neil to the QLD backline. Make it happen Kevvy, you know you want to.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hopefully this paves the way for the triumphant return of the mighty Justin O'Neil to the QLD backline. Make it happen Kevvy, you know you want to.
Nene's injury could get him back in first grade - just the first step towards losing the series for Queensland.