• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man, what's going on with the Roosters' forwards? Haven't watched a lot of their games but last night they got steamrolled up the middle.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Man, what's going on with the Roosters' forwards? Haven't watched a lot of their games but last night they got steamrolled up the middle.
Don't need them, all they need is Cooper Cronk to win.

Good to also to see the Dragons managed to murder the entire Cronulla backline tonight. A very good deed.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Revising this tbh. Dude keeps putting in outstanding performances sans Cleary.
Tbh I meant more in comparison to who he was traded with. I'd take a few missed tackles over Moylan's body of work the other night.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh I meant more in comparison to who he was traded with. I'd take a few missed tackles over Moylan's body of work the other night.
Yeah, Moylan has been hugely disappointing. I was one who thought a change of scenery and some time with the 6 to himself would see him live up to the hype. It's pretty clear his problems go way deeper than that. He's looking more and more like the archetypal hugely talented but flakey player who puts it together once every 5 games. Flatters to deceive.

Burgey

Last night’s Penrith-Bulldogs match was one of the most entertaining games in the NRL I’ve watched in ages. Thoroughly enjoyable stuff.

Really like Penrith this year (the team, not the suburb obvs).

Conflicted for Sunday. Want the juggernaut to roll on of course but will likely be watching at Dick’s hotel or the Unity Hall in the heart of tiger town. Locals are pretty chuffed with the Tigers so far this year.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Panthers Dogs was the first match I've been to live all year. I completely agree that the second half was very entertaining, I didn't love the first half though. How great was the Whare hit!

Not a fan of the scheduling though this round. Can't believe after having 2 matches on Wednesday, the 6pm Friday kick-off still happened. The crowd at Brookvale was just over 5,000. Woeful..

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
First Panthers game I've missed all year! Beating the Mange is never disappointing though.

I think our year is going to be defined by injuries sadly. Reckon we'd be a shout if we had a stable 1-17 but we have a bit over half our first choice team out atm, with many out for long periods. It's a miracle we sit where we sit atm.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Edwards
2. Mansour
3. Blake
7. Cleary
8. McKendry
9. Wallace

14. May
15. Browne

Though Browne on the sidelines improves our team tbf.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Entertaining game today. Parra look like a completely different team to the first 6 rounds. Forwards in particular look much better. Clearly needed some confidence, though they might have a bit too much to do from here.

Has there ever been a player with a worse talent to dickhead ratio than Kenny Edwards though? The blowhard was directly responsible for 12 of the Tigers points and that read for the Eisenhuth try has to be one of the worst I've ever seen.

Burgey

How good is footy at Leichhardt Oval? It's terrible to get to, has awful facilities and there's no parking nearby but it just works.

Can't believe how badly the Cowboys are going this year. They're in awful strife.

Burgey

Some great childhood memories of being on the hill at Leichhardt watching Neil Pringle and Brian Lockwood tear it up for the Tigers, with Alan McMahon at full back, who had the biggest boot on him I've ever seen for an NRL player. Remember one day my grandfather giving Rex Mossop and absolute spray because he wouldn't sign an autograph for six year old Burgey. Think it was the same day someone threw an apple and hit him in the head live on TV.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I really hope they never entirely do away with the boutique suburban grounds. This isn't Melbourne and we shouldn't try to mimic what works there.

Of course the Cows decide that their game against an injury smashed Penrith is the time for them to look like an actual first grade team. Losing to a full strength Tigers is no shame this year tbf.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow. Didn't see that coming. He's a pretty clear frontrunner for the position and he's still playing very well (as opposed to Thurston).

ATG player but the superlatives about how great a human being he is are way OTT. Watching him get sin binned was one of the ATG RL moments.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Man it's slim pickings in the position now. I guess you pick Granville but he's going really ordinary and you don't feel good about it.