• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ v South Africa

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ just need 110/1 before 25 overs and then if the rain comes they will win, so after they reach that..they can concentrate on winning the game if the rain doesn't come.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i would back the kiwis to get a rain reduced total, but not 307. i think its just out of their reach.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
If NZ can keep Cairns & Adams in the shed for as long as possible & keep the run-rate up anything can happen imo.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This is unbelievable from Fleming, I have never seen him bat like this before.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Tim said:
Controversity everywhere at the moment, rain bucketing down & confusion over an over-throw.
controversity??? hahaha
is that what you call a controversial uni.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the best innings of the World Cup, Fleming has just been awesome & now Astle is starting to hit around.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
full_length said:
I heard someone say that Astle does well only against England..
I thought India has the honour of giving him runs and wickets too.. he's a quality bat and the only one apart from Cairns from the NZ team that wins my respect :D
Apart from what happened in that tour of NZ, Astle hasn't done much else against England. I've followed England since I was 13 and got into cricket and that tour was the only time I can remember Astle doing anything against England.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
This reply has been amazingly pleasant so far, finally some competitiveness from a side batting second and up against good bowling. Fleming has chisen the perfect moment to play a captain's knock

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The covers are coming off, but what will the target be?

Cricinfo says that if 5 overs go, the target is about 273
If it's down to 40, then 235 needed
If it goes to 35 then just 7 more needed.

I think it'll be something about 43 overs, so cahsing a further 80 or so in 12.3 overs.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rik said:
Apart from what happened in that tour of NZ, Astle hasn't done much else against England. I've followed England since I was 13 and got into cricket and that tour was the only time I can remember Astle doing anything against England.
He made a century against Eng in 96 world cup and couldn't get past 10 against other countries.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
80 off 12 overs will be interesting.
Luckily NZ have lost only 1 wicket so Adams & Cairns are still available.

krkode

State Captain
What an absolute plum of a match for Stephen Fleming to strike gold...I love it and I just hope his efforts don't go in vain... :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
45 runs off 8.3 overs is the official target.

You'd have to back NZ now, but this will be a tense final 45 minutes & a couple of quick wickets would put NZ in strife.

krkode

State Captain
Oh no! :o Did it get rained?

Now NZ are in for it. 45 off 8.3 with 9 wickets in hand isn't so much to ask - especially with a centurion still out there..

Aaah, SA seem to have gotten cheated out of this game - a lot could happen in 20 overs if they actually played the whole thing...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I know NZ would have loved to have chased down 306 under pressure but its not their fault that the rain has intervened & if they win it this way then they'll take it i think.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
With the way Astle & Fleming are batting, im pretty sure NZ would have got the 306 anyway.

They are just hitting it so hard & cleanly.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Oh no, does this look like the end of SA's chances of progressing to the super six.

The teams I want to do well are as follows.

SA
England
Zim
Namibia

At this rate the world cup for me could be over very quickly...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
well there it is, Fleming smashes the ball to the point boundary & NZ have probably earned themselves a super six spot.

Well with that huge victory under their belt, NZ's chances of at least making the semi finals have probably risen quite high.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
What a comeback for a team that forfeited an easy win game. Awesome stuff...
Let me remind you that England forfitted a game too...I just hope they can do as well! :lol: