• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

North of England v South of England

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
The point is it shows how the southerners are a load of underachieving softies...
I cant be botherd too get into a pathetic argument about north and south divides

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
Despite Irani's 8 more first class centuries, including a double hundred and his average being far better (38.72 to 32.74)?
Irani's international record is awful, I just think he's one of those players like Harvey and Ealham that look great batting against county sides and look like tailenders batting against international attacks (also Essex's home ground is a lot better for batting than Yorkshi*e's). McGrath is crap, but I don't think he gets as dramatically worse as Irani does when you put them in international cricket.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Jefferson
Sutcliffe
*Vaughan
Collingwood
Flintoff
Irani
Blackwell
+Sutton
Hoggard
Harmison
Anderson
why play sutton when their is Jones, Read & prior???

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
yeah i guess he should be southern, he did go to my school though so he must have moved up here when he was young
crawley went to Manchester Grammar, shocking :-O

Langeveldt

Soutie
Scaly piscine said:
By the way for those that are intellectually challenged this is purely hypothetical and not some silly regular series of 3 ODIs that no TV company wants to cover.
Or a market driven bashabout that has no value to anything ever?

Just joshing, tend to agree with those line ups, although Pietersen doesn't have much daan sarf blood does he?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Seems to me that South have a much stronger batting lineup, and North have the better bowlers by far. It would actually be a pretty interesting sort of match to see.

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
This would be my current South XI. I'm not sure if Coventry is south of the Watford gap or not, so if it isn't I'll drop Bell for Joyce. Didn't consider Butch as he's crocked just now.

Trescothick
*Strauss
Key
Bell
Thorpe
Pietersen
+G. Jones
Giles
Tremlett
Caddick
Johnson
Anybody notice that the South XI has four overseas born players?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They're welcome to Caddick, as I said earlier any claim to KP is dubious. Thorpe has retired from Test cricket so South can't have him. So that gives South a bit more of a spineless look to it that they deserve. I'm sure someone could put the teams into a cricket sim if they wanted, but we all know in reality North would win because they'd eke out runs from somewhere and skittle South decent but fragile batting out twice.