• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Asian Representation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shounak

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
Just as an aside, round my way "Wifebeater" (usually shoretned to " 'beater ") is the colloquial term for Stella Artois, a Belgian lager of greater than 5% ABV.

Carry on. :D
U call stella's beaters in England?? You poms are weird. Any idea how it came about?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
shounak said:
U call stella's beaters in England?? You poms are weird. Any idea how it came about?
Not entirely certain, but I imagine it's probably 'cos of the (hopefully largely imagined) scenario of blokes have a Stella or 7 & then going home & clocking the wife in their state of heightened consciousness! :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
shounak said:
It's a lager, isn't it?
Lager = drunk by Sun-readers
Sun-readers = thugs and misfits
Thugs and misfits = poor people
Poor people = wife-beaters

Therefore Stella = Wife-beater.

Simple Scally logic.

Scallywag

Banned
shounak said:
You may have one or two "horror" stories about Aboriginals being treated with "no respect" by one or two members of an Asian community, but you can't apply
it to Asians in general.

Pratyush made the comment that "Time Asia magazine had a cover story a few years ago how the Aboriginies were still treated poorly in Australia in all walks of life." and I made the statement that it applies to Asian imigrants in Australia.

Asians do not mix well with other races in Australia and that is also a fact. Its just odd to be calling Aussies racist because you wont mix with them.

Shounak

Banned
Scallywag said:
Pratyush made the comment that "Time Asia magazine had a cover story a few years ago how the Aboriginies were still treated poorly in Australia in all walks of life." and I made the statement that it applies to Asian imigrants in Australia.
Well if you say it like that then it's possible. Aboriginals aren't treated with respect by African immigrants in Australia. Aboriginals aren't treated with respect by American immigrants in Australia. If you agree with the above two statements, then I agree with yours.

Scallywag said:
Asians do not mix well with other races in Australia and that is also a fact. Its just odd to be calling Aussies racist because you wont mix with them.
I conditionally agree with that. You can't call someone racist because you won't mix with them. In effect, that is discrimination. But the opposite does occur. Thankfully, less and less. I'm sure there are innumerable times Asians have been warranted in calling certain people racist. You seen Romper Stomper? This portrays a common view held by people of that particular class.

Racism does exist though. And it's not just experienced by those who choose not to mix with Australians.

So the entire blame can't be placed on Asians for not assimilating.

Scallywag

Banned
shounak said:
Well if you say it like that then it's possible. Aboriginals aren't treated with respect by African immigrants in Australia. Aboriginals aren't treated with respect by American immigrants in Australia. If you agree with the above two statements, then I agree with yours.

I conditionally agree with that. You can't call someone racist because you won't mix with them. In effect, that is discrimination. But the opposite does occur. Thankfully, less and less. I'm sure there are innumerable times Asians have been warranted in calling certain people racist. You seen Romper Stomper? This portrays a common view held by people of that particular class.

Racism does exist though. And it's not just experienced by those who choose not to mix with Australians.

So the entire blame can't be placed on Asians for not assimilating.
No I call them racist because they commit race hate crimes.

we have arrived at a point where a considerable number of migrants and their Australian-born offspring reject Australian values and the Australian way of life.

In recent weeks, Perth has witnessed two murders, one attempted murder and numerous violent attacks with machetes and other weapons carried out by Asian gangs.

http://www.australian-news.com.au/ethnic_gangs.htm

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And how many by those of other ethnic backgrounds in the same time?

I'd guess a city in Perth has more than 3 offenses (plus the throwaway numerous) in a few weeks.

Scallywag

Banned
marc71178 said:

I'd guess a city in Perth has more than 3 offenses (plus the throwaway numerous) in a few weeks.
Other ethnic backgrounds dont form gangs and kill people in Perth, its not normal there.

errr no marc asian gang warfare is a major problem in Perth and two murders in one week is very unusual.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:

Exactly. Of course, the media will always jump on the racial aspect - it's the best way to get people to watch/read/etc, and some people will be sucked in by it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scallywag said:
Other ethnic backgrounds dont form gangs and kill people in Perth, its not normal there.
Of course they don't, and Australia don't lose to Bangladesh...

Scallywag said:
errr no marc asian gang warfare is a major problem in Perth and two murders in one week is very unusual.
Well you've now changed defintion. You said recent weeks, which is by definition more than 1.

Now crawl back under the rock you came from, racist.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dasa said:
Exactly. Of course, the media will always jump on the racial aspect - it's the best way to get people to watch/read/etc, and some people will be sucked in by it.
Media and politics in the US, also in India, maybe just media in Australia. So its not that bad a scenario I would assume comparing with how such incidents on minorities are treated in countries like US and India by politicians. For any one, watching the movie American History X can help understand this a lot better.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
Very few played Aussie Rules, which was the dominant sport at our school
Ah ha, but no longer are you or will you be the dominant school at our sport :D

But seriously, the enormous influx of Asian immigrants was recent. They haven't had time to be fully absorbed/assimilated or become used to Australia, so cricket isn't an enormously popular sport amongst them yet, so they don't produce any famous cricketers.

Shounak

Banned
Scallywag said:

we have arrived at a point where a considerable number of migrants and their Australian-born offspring reject Australian values and the Australian way of life.

In recent weeks, Perth has witnessed two murders, one attempted murder and numerous violent attacks with machetes and other weapons carried out by Asian gangs.

You've found a few bad eggs, who are no doubt racist. If I had my way, those Lebanese youth's committing those crimes and defending it with "The way she was dressing, she was asking for it" should all be shot.

I think you'll find that the victims of the Asian gangs are most likely Asian and gang affiliated, not that I condone that sort of behaviour.

And "considerable number"?? These are anomalies. The vast, vast majority of Asian immigrants are a credit to the country in which they live.

That page is also a load of crap. Dismantle multiculturalism?? Urgh. What country does the writer live in??

But to get back to it. Those few are racist. No arguments here..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
shounak said:
If I had my way, those Lebanese youth's committing those crimes and defending it with "The way she was dressing, she was asking for it" should all be shot.
Watch American History X ("Hate is a baggage. Life is too short to carry it". David Vineyard)

Slow Love™

International Captain
Scallywag said:

Ha! I knew you'd be a rabid right little anti-multiculturalist. Your entire raison-detre at this forum seems to be to either breastbeat Australian supremacist nonsense or pick fights with people from countries you don't like, and make gross generalisations about them. You certainly offer precious little else to this place.

Pratyush made a comment related to something he'd read (which is repeated in far more publications than "Times Asia", including the UN and humanitarian agencies) and because he's from Asia, you ridiculously sought to characterise the problem as one pertaining to Asian-Aboriginal relations. Then, as if this was consistent in some way, you produce an article about Lebanese gang members attacking white Australians. How on earth does this have anything to do with treatment of aboriginals whatsoever???? It has absolutely nothing to do with it - it just opened the floodgates for you to spew some bullcrap so that you can characterise an entire group of immigrants a particular way.

Also, it may have paid to check the aticle's date when you said "in recent weeks". It was from 2002.

I'm surprised the moderators put up with you, to be honest. You're a repulsive little man.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
shounak said:
That page is also a load of crap. Dismantle multiculturalism?? Urgh. What country does the writer live in??
I just had a look at the source of Scallywag's "news". It looks like the home page of the One Nation Party - full of bigoted rubbish espoused by people who are so insecure of their own identity they feel they have to attack those different from them in order to feel good about themselves.
What's next Scallywag, the Holocaust didn't happen?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Really, Scallywag must be giggling at home, sitting in front of his computer at how offended we all are (and rightfully so) because there is no way that he can be serious about all of this.

And Robertinho, one good season doth not make up for 30 of mediocrity. And I believe that it was as many as 18 in 24 after 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.