• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Newsflash: Hayden is arrogent

Francis

State Vice-Captain
"Our Ashes were India in 2004-05."

"What went right? Nothing really..."

"We let them back in."

"England are a very good team but Australia are better."

"Freddie Flintoff had an enormous series. I think he carries England and that is a big responsibility. "

"It was a good reminder for Australia to keep our standards, keep our levels."

Great batsman but was an arrogent bleep!

pasag

RTDAS
Its not wise of Hayden giving England fuel. One thing is fursure, they will be fired up against him.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I guess he comes across as a bit over-confident, but I don't think there's a lot wrong with what he says. He's obviously trying to be honest and to the point, and he's quite blunt in the process, but he does acknowledge England's supremacy in the last series and says that Australia gained respect for them, so saying that Australia should have been able to beat them is expressing disappointment as much as anything else.

He's right about Australia's focus being on the India series more than the Ashes, I think. Australia prepared wonderfully for India, much like England did for Australia, while Australia's preperation for the last Ashes series was pretty poor. He's also on the money about beating Australia at home being much more difficult, and I think most England fans would acknowledge that as well. So yeah, it wasn't particularly diplomatic, but I thought it was a good interview partially because of that.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
pasag said:
Its not wise of Hayden giving England fuel. One thing is fursure, they will be fired up against him.
I doubt it will make a big difference. There will be a lot more trash talk before the series begins, given that it's still six months off, and I think both sides will have plenty to play for anyway.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dont like diplomatic Interviews and I think he is right on a lot of things. Australia did underestimate England and credit to England for making the most of it.

And yes I the ashes down under will be fun to watch and wont be easy for England with or without Jones(simon).

pasag

RTDAS
I hope not, I didnt like the way the trash talk went VS South Africa when it got up to the point when they didnt want to have beers afterwards. It subtracts from the game in my opinion.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Francis said:
"Our Ashes were India in 2004-05."

"What went right? Nothing really..."

"We let them back in."

"England are a very good team but Australia are better."

"Freddie Flintoff had an enormous series. I think he carries England and that is a big responsibility. "

"It was a good reminder for Australia to keep our standards, keep our levels."

Great batsman but was an arrogent bleep!
i read the entire article and i dont see how he is being arrogant, overall most of what he is saying is very true.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hate to be be a spelling Nazi, but its arrogant. Wouldn't have corrected you Francis until you spelt the word wrong a second time. ;)

And yeah Hayden's pretty ****y.

William

Cricket Spectator
If he made such comments occasionally then I might just write it off as over-confidence but Hayden can never let go. The fact that he was so poor in the Ashes when the likes of Langer, Ponting, Lee and Warne all stood up and tried their hearts out just sealed it for me.

He's one of the few cricketers I don't respect.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
With the build-up to this year's Ashes series intensifying, Australian opener Matthew Hayden recently claimed England was carried by star all-rounder Andrew Flintoff.

But Pietersen threw the accusation straight back at the Australians, claiming they were more reliant on master leg spinner Shane Warne.

"If it wasn't for Shane Warne in that Australia team, then we would have won the Ashes 4-1," said Pietersen, in reference to Warne's 40-wicket haul during last year's 2-1 series win to England.
KP reacts, and I'd say, at least with direct reference to the Ashes, he's on the money.

TheEpic

School Boy/Girl Captain
William said:
If he made such comments occasionally then I might just write it off as over-confidence but Hayden can never let go. The fact that he was so poor in the Ashes when the likes of Langer, Ponting, Lee and Warne all stood up and tried their hearts out just sealed it for me.

He's one of the few cricketers I don't respect.
Spot on actually. One of the few cricketers I really dislike, not so much as a batsman, but as an allround professional and man. He's arrogant, pompous and looks like a chimp.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
TheEpic said:
Spot on actually. One of the few cricketers I really dislike, not so much as a batsman, but as an allround professional and man. He's arrogant, pompous and looks like a chimp.
Yep, my feelings exactly. And :laugh: at the chimp part. :D

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Do not really see anything wrong with what he said.

To be good athletes need a thick skin and a positive attitude. The weak minded are left behind way before reaching the levels Hayden has.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Goughy said:
Do not really see anything wrong with what he said.

To be good athletes need a thick skin and a positive attitude. The weak minded are left behind way before reaching the levels Hayden has.
You can be strong-minded and positive without being stuck up your own a***.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think it's excellent to know that Hayden (and no doubt others in the Australian team) continue to kid themselves that the reason they lost the Ashes is that they under-performed.

Don't bother working on that technique, Matty. You were just unlucky.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
I think it's excellent to know that Hayden (and no doubt others in the Australian team) continue to kid themselves that the reason they lost the Ashes is that they under-performed.

Don't bother working on that technique, Matty. You were just unlucky.
Hell Yeah