• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand in Pakistan

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Of course I would and everyone else should too if they don't share with hosts the nature and details of the threat. I mean, it can be done even without disclosing names of sources or whatever. NZ have not even said why they wouldn't share the info. No need to be charitable at all.
If there are no other logical explanations then it's silly though.

"I doubt the truth of your statement even though I can't think of any other reasonable explanation" is just nonsense. What even is this?

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
If there are no other logical explanations then it's silly though.

"I doubt the truth of your statement even though I can't think of any other reasonable explanation" is just nonsense. What even is this?
If someone takes a measure as drastic as this, it's on them to convince others they have good reasons to do so. Nobody has any reasons to take them on their word that they had ''logical reasons to do so''

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah the PCB seem oblvious to the fact that if Five Eyes said "there is probably a bomb on the plane" and NZ gov ignored it, and NZC knowingly let the team on the flight, and the bomb hit, that's an organisation toppling event for NZC and probably a government collapser to boot.

That's not even touching the consequences for cricket. NZ would never play Pakistan again.

Five Eyes obviously get some things wrong with dire consequences, but that is absolutely zero grounds to ignore intelligence from Five Eyes towards threats to NZ citizens.
According to David White, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs advised us not to go. And we chose to. So all this horse **** about conspiracies, and cowardice, and all this stuff - we went against government advice and toured, and there's a player there who (again, according to White) received a death threat from someone purporting to be in that country. That doesn't sound like a bunch of chicken ****s to me at all.

And honestly, seeing I'm getting a head of steam up, save me the 'safest place in the world' and all this sort of horse **** that all these Pakistan people are coming up with. That's just flagrantly wrong. That's well beyond nationalistic pride and into delusion.

Flem274*

123/5
Yes and you don't goad members you don't like into getting banned. That never happens.
im only replying to the quality of the posts in front of me. not my problem you cbf moderating.

and i only lure out disappointing members, so you should be thanking me for my service tbh. remember how the nz contingent self policed blocky? i think all kiwis should get infraction amnesties for 10 years.

Flem274*

123/5
According to David White, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs advised us not to go. And we chose to. So all this horse **** about conspiracies, and cowardice, and all this stuff - we went against government advice and toured, and there's a player there who (again, according to White) received a death threat from someone purporting to be in that country. That doesn't sound like a bunch of chicken ****s to me at all.

And honestly, seeing I'm getting a head of steam up, save me the 'safest place in the world' and all this sort of horse **** that all these Pakistan people are coming up with. That's just flagrantly wrong. That's well beyond nationalistic pride and into delusion.
people want you to get mad tbh. if nz gets dragged into a tit for tat media spat it distracts from the actual discussions that should be happening.

it's just a **** situation for pakistani fans who also have to live there with their new, madhouse neighbours and irritatingly the official channels are doing their upmost to evaporate all sympathy. keep having to remind myself good ****s like nightprowler and trundler support this team and don't deserve this.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
people want you to get mad tbh. if nz gets dragged into a tit for tat media spat it distracts from the actual discussions that should be happening.

it's just a **** situation for pakistani fans who also have to live there with their new, madhouse neighbours and irritatingly the official channels are doing their upmost to evaporate all sympathy. keep having to remind myself good ****s like nightprowler and trundler support this team and don't deserve this.
Was with you until the end of the post

Completely different variety of direness though

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, people need to improve, then. Same on this forum. Why would you want to get into a tit for tat, illogical spat when there's a better discussion to be had?

I just don't know how anyone, be it Ramiz Raja, Mohammad Hafeez (who I think is the biggest prick in all of this), Wasim Akram, or any current or former players who share a profession with these NZ guys could possibly begrudge these guys for any reason, be it to distract from the facts or anything else. Imagine how Thilan Sameeraweera was feeling (I was told he was there) sitting in that hotel room. Imagine how Finn Allen, a greenhorn international and sheltered private school boy from Auckland was feeling? How about the person who received the death threat, they've got to be absolutely ****ting bricks, right? All for what, a game or 8 of cricket? My god. So many people have lost all sense of reality on this.

vandem

International 12th Man
Of course, we have witnessed only recently how this 5 Anus intelligence works in Afganistan. An entire family with kids murdered in a drone attack that was actually awaiting a move to US.
Hi Noumenon, your "5 Anus" may have been funny once, but is now infantile. Please grow up.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Well, people need to improve, then. Same on this forum. Why would you want to get into a tit for tat, illogical spat when there's a better discussion to be had?

I just don't know how anyone, be it Ramiz Raja, Mohammad Hafeez (who I think is the biggest prick in all of this), Wasim Akram, or any current or former players who share a profession with these NZ guys could possibly begrudge these guys for any reason, be it to distract from the facts or anything else. Imagine how Thilan Sameeraweera was feeling (I was told he was there) sitting in that hotel room. Imagine how Finn Allen, a greenhorn international and sheltered private school boy from Auckland was feeling? How about the person who received the death threat, they've got to be absolutely ****ting bricks, right? All for what, a game or 8 of cricket? My god. So many people have lost all sense of reality on this.
Sadly this is the reality for Pakistani cricketers. When they lose games there's always a chance the fans start sending death threats through social media or whatever. Not all the time (I don't want to portray Pakistan fandom as unhinged) but in more innocent times we all saw the messages or photos posted online and rolled our eyes.

If Babar Azam gets a duck in a world cup semi that Pakistan lose then there is a chance he cops all sorts of over the top rubbish from his own countrymen. I can see how Hafeez would be unsympathetic to death threats when he probably got them every time he snicked off to second slip from Dale Steyn.

This isn't to condone their reactions. The best thing the current and former players can do for Pakistan cricket right now is show the class they often show to the public, especially since they can understand the situation the NZ players are in because they have been there. In some ways this reaction is more understandable than Shoiab's hard man sooking attempt over the covid protocols down here last summer, because everything NZC did was to keep Pakistani players safe from Covid.

Random threats of violence and even actual bombs going off in daily life are I guess always in the background as a fact of life for Pakistani players. Not so here, where the worst our players cop is impotent sooking or vicious memes when they fail at a game, which is still not acceptable in a lot of cases (2007 world cup knock out losses morning radio for both major codes was out the gate) but a far cry from what the Pakistani guys get.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is definitely a different reality and I honestly think most subcontinent players may have reacted differently but at the end of the day, the decision is made on the strong advise of the Government and there is little room to attribute anything to the players or even the board here.

Ardern has said she spoke to Imran and explained the type of threat. I dont think Imran has commented yet.

But I guess nothing is credible until its explained to Noumenon in person and he agrees.