• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand in Pakistan

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think you are reading stuff I didn't say.

Right about now, there are scores of NATO forces in hotels in Pakistan - or were till a few days ago - on their way out of Afghanistan. Would they be there if they didn't trust Pakistani security apparatus at all?

So this cop out from NZ that they have a credible threat but which they would 1) neither share with hosts 2) nor explain why they won't share - makes no sense.

It's more than just basic decency, it sets such a terrible precedent of taking unilateral decisions and being utterly opaque and unaccountable for added measure.
What's the alternative though? Why have they left if not for the fact that they felt unsafe?

I mean if the argument is "they felt unsafe but they shouldn't have" - then okay maybe, but that's too bad IMO.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
What's the alternative though? Why have they left if not for the fact that they felt unsafe?

I mean if the argument is "they felt unsafe but they shouldn't have" - then okay maybe, but that's too bad IMO.
Not for me to speculate why they left. I am saying a nuke option like this cannot be whimsical like it has been from NZ.

Flem274*

123/5
This is exactly right. I've said this in previous posts - we were there. I've read all these Pakistan loons, including current and former players who should know better saying it's a conspiracy. How is there any lick of logic to a conspiracy? Holy ****, the longest of long bows to suggest we'd fly all the way in, only to bail out for no other reason than to form some sort of protest or whatever else these people are hinting at?

Yeah, maybe we did over-react. Pretty sure Tom Latham and co are pretty happy for that to be the case, over sticking around to find out.
yeah the PCB seem oblvious to the fact that if Five Eyes said "there is probably a bomb on the plane" and NZ gov ignored it, and NZC knowingly let the team on the flight, and the bomb hit, that's an organisation toppling event for NZC and probably a government collapser to boot.

That's not even touching the consequences for cricket. NZ would never play Pakistan again.

Five Eyes obviously get some things wrong with dire consequences, but that is absolutely zero grounds to ignore intelligence from Five Eyes towards threats to NZ citizens.

Flem274*

123/5
wish the mods would take a unilateral decision to ****block you from the site tbh. would be happy if they were held unaccountable.
ftfy

never seen him make a good post apart from that time he trolled one of the england tour threads quite well. overall though he's a disappointment.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
*Credible threat*

''some logical reason''

Amazing.

1. No sharing of the nature or type of threat
2. No reasons furnished on why the information isn't being shared

But obviously there's some hidden logical reason at work.
garbage post

you dont seem to have basic understanding of how information works or shared at gov level

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
How would it compromise more than NATO forces relying completely on Pakistan to depart after their surrender in Afghanistan?

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, this is a reason coming from you. Let the NZ government say they do not trust pakistan with intel sharing. They have made no such claim yet.
Jacinda Ardern has said they were not going to reveal their intel. You're entitled to be smart enough to work out why

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Well, it kind of is if you're going to cast aspersions over their stated reasons.
Of course I would and everyone else should too if they don't share with hosts the nature and details of the threat. I mean, it can be done even without disclosing names of sources or whatever. NZ have not even said why they wouldn't share the info. No need to be charitable at all.