• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand in Pakistan

Frost

U19 Debutant
I'm not on Twitter, but I wish I was. Just reading through some of the reactions ?. I understand for the fans it's hard but half are blaming india the other half are blaming nz.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Horrible shame for Pakistan fans & their cricket in general, but clearly it must be a fairly serious threat for NZ Govt to opine when the tour is already underway.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm massively sad for Pakistani fans and Pakistan cricket in general, but if a visiting board feels like there's a legitimate threat, then there's no other choice but to abandon.
It sucks it has to happen like this though. If it had happened yesterday, it would have been different. I dunno what fresh info. emerged that prompted this kind of a massive response from NZ Government.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Have heard there was direct threat to the team. Not like general unrest or threat but threat directed towards the team in particular. Why did they think they should allow crowd in the first place?

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I'm confused... This isn't a triseries is it? Just can't make out the context of India in this. It's us pulling out due to direct threat to the team.

Frost

U19 Debutant
Have heard there was direct threat to the team. Not like general unrest or threat but threat directed towards the team in particular. Why did they think they should allow crowd in the first place?
The team? That's bad if true. We're did you get that info.