• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand in Pakistan

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Looks like security issue. Get the boys out of there ASAP. The series had been called off.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Why abandon a match because of Covid if all the players have already been vaccinated? Death rates from Covid among vaccinated people are no higher than traditional flu. Historically, you would never have abandoned a match if a couple of squad members went down with the flu. You would have simply gone on with the match and any affected players would have sat it out.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Safety is obviously much more important than sport, but this could also be massive for WTC ramifications. Pakistan has a great schedule but would obviously far rather be at home than in the UAE.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Quite sad, from both sides POV. Would hope Pakistan aren’t deprived of top flight cricket for too long, and NZ get to tour more regularly (the amount of LoI cricket played since the world cup, especially abroad is laughable).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is there a reason the escalation happened today? Or was it just something they do weekly as a process or something?

I dont think it would make sense to pull out like this if there was not an actual threat in front of them. But yeah, these things are different when you are in the actual thick of things. REally sad for both sets of fans but esp. Pak since this might lead to a cascading effect with the other tours they have lined up.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
To let the players leave NZ to go to Pakistan with the intention to play right up until the last moment, you've gotta imagine the GCSB or whoever caught wind of something specific.

I can see this getting childish rapidly between the boards though.

thierry henry

International Coach
To let the players leave NZ to go to Pakistan with the intention to play right up until the last moment, you've gotta imagine the GCSB or whoever caught wind of something specific.

I can see this getting childish rapidly between the boards though.
PCB’s response is already petty AF

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Why abandon a match because of Covid if all the players have already been vaccinated? Death rates from Covid among vaccinated people are no higher than traditional flu. Historically, you would never have abandoned a match if a couple of squad members went down with the flu. You would have simply gone on with the match and any affected players would have sat it out.
Heavy agree on this, but turns out that's not the issue.

Flem274*

123/5
Safety is obviously much more important than sport, but this could also be massive for WTC ramifications. Pakistan has a great schedule but would obviously far rather be at home than in the UAE.
From a comfort perspective, definitely. From a results perspective I don't think too many sides are racing to face Pakistan in the UAE compared to in Pakistan. They've spent 10ish years being a dominant force in the UAE.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
From a comfort perspective, definitely. From a results perspective I don't think too many sides are racing to face Pakistan in the UAE compared to in Pakistan. They've spent 10ish years being a dominant force in the UAE.
True. Good to know that we've done very well in the UAE though.