• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand in Pakistan

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Strange Pakistan has 20 player squad for 3 one dayers. Quite a few names I don't recognize. I think we may get 2-1 result in favour of Pakistan.

It's going to be a hard, fast and quick wickets with runs galore I am guessing in Pakistan. There's definitely going to be something for faster bowlers. Wonder who's going to open for us? Is it going to be Nicholls and Allen or Ravindra and Allen? Can Jazzy carry his form to Pakistan? Looking forward to Young to cement his place in one dayers.

Moss

The batting seems pretty thin for 50 overs with Blundell now out. Nicholls, Latham and Young are going to have to churn out some big scores you feel.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
With blundell out do we see something like

1.Allen
2.Nicholls
3.Young
4.Rachin
5.Latham
6.Colin
7.Doug
8.Cole

for the batting? Keeps the team style the same as what nz have been going for in recent years, with latham in the middle order, 2 pace bowling all-rounders and nichollos+guppy lite as openers.

nzfan

Don't think Doug at 7 is a go. Maybe Cole at 7 works better. Matt Henry, Ajaz and Bennet can't contribute much with the bat. We'll likely need Doug or Kuggs at 8.

Ravindra or Nicholls, who's better off opening. Rachin is good vs pace but then likely he'll bowl fair number of overs. Probably best to have Latham at 4 and Rachin at 5. Helps if we need some quick runs if chasing big total.

I think the first game will be tough for us but from the second game we should be able to compete.

Mike5181

International Captain
1. Finn Allen
2. Henry Nicholls
3. Rachin Ravindra
4. Will Young
5. Tom Latham
6. Colin de Grandhomme
7. Cole McConchie
8. Scott Kuggeleijn
9. Matt Henry
10. Ajaz Patel
11. Jacob Duffy

Top 5 can be swapped around I guess.

nzfan

1. Finn Allen
2. Henry Nicholls
3. Rachin Ravindra
4. Will Young
5. Tom Latham
6. Colin de Grandhomme
7. Cole McConchie
8. Scott Kuggeleijn
9. Matt Henry
10. Ajaz Patel
11. Jacob Duffy

Reasonable side. Bit thin on batting but 7 bowlers in the line up which is good if we have to restrict Pakistan bowling second. 3 pacers, 1 slow medium and three spinners. Nice balance to the bowling attack.

Glad the game is on Friday night. Don't think I'll last the full game but should be OK to watch one inning.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Finn Allen
2. Henry Nicholls
3. Rachin Ravindra
4. Will Young
5. Tom Latham
6. Colin de Grandhomme
7. Cole McConchie
8. Scott Kuggeleijn
9. Matt Henry
10. Ajaz Patel
11. Jacob Duffy

I'd want Latham at least one higher in the absence of Guptill KW & Taylor.

Allen
Nicholls
Young
Latham
Ravindra
CDG
McConchie
Kuggeleijn
Henry
Patel
Bennett

Flem274*

123/5
I'd like everyone as close to their natural position as possible but with Latham at #3 to be the experienced player, so Allen and Ravindra are opening. Bit disappointed Sears isn't in the ODI squad. Forgot Matt Henry came in as an emergency so edited the below.

Finn Allen
Rachin Ravindra
Tom Latham (wk)
Will Young
Henry Nicholls
Cole McConchie
Colin de Grandhomme
Doug Bracewell
Matt Henry
Ajaz Patel
Jacob Duffy

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
This looks like much less of a 'Cole McConchie to the fore' type of place. I suppose he's still got a chance until Daryl Mitchell is available for the 2nd ODI.

It is a bit of a shame they'll have to respect their own shackles (in the squad naming) and just condescend to the dean's list law student who bowls at 147, get him running the towels and drinks out to a rogues' gallery like Kuggeleijn, Tickner and Doug Bracewell, as they try (and try again, and again...) to reach their international cricket passing grades.

nzfan

Looking forward to some more Fin Allen fireworks. Another chance to look at Sears would be nice as well.
No Sears in the one day line up... I don't know whey they named the sides for the one day and t20 while they'll have like 20 players. Instead they could have used them all if required.

nzfan

Looking at the picture @Kippax posted above I guess there will be Finn Allen fireworks. Shaheen vs Finn Allen would be fun. If Finn can last for like 20 overs we'll be in for lot of fun.

I highly doubt Rachin will be used at the top given the bowling he needs to. Probably will slot in at 4 or 5 or 6.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes even Zimbabwe had an under-23 who made quick 70s etc. in Rawalpindi.

Still, Allen may be up against it here. A clueless, deeply naive piece of white mischief, who didn't even take on Heinrich Malan's sternness very well, or really any kind of stern cricketing exam in his whole life.

nzfan

Real first proper test for Finn in a slightly longer format. Would be interested to see how's he going to go. Pakistan bowling is no mug they will challenge. Just hoping he doesn't go for every ball and is a bit more selective in this format. There will definitely be some movement in the air or off the deck early on from Shaheen and Hassan Ali. I'm sure they will try and bounce him frequently. Looks a pretty big ground.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Lookin forward to seein kuggs n ticks send down some heat. Especially kuggs. Its the first time a speedgun will be available in an ODI when he's played. Really liking how exciting the limited overs NZ team is becoming again. Its like baz as captain days. Allen, ravindra, sears, kuggs....a real injection of fun

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
1. Finn Allen
2. Henry Nicholls
3. Rachin Ravindra
4. Will Young
5. Tom Latham
6. Colin de Grandhomme
I think this seems the most likely of all the top order combos tbf. Latham has been doing a good job at 5 since moving there and I think he's good security.

I'd like to see those exciting new prospects have a go at the top

1. F Allen
2. R Ravindra
3. H Nicholls
4. W Young
5. T Latham+
6. C de Grandhomme
7. C McConchie
8. D Bracewell
9. M Henry
10. A Patel
11. H Bennett