• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand A tour of India (A) – September 2022

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
While I agree with you on bowlers like Bhuvi/Tye/Jordan are cannon fodder, I definitely don't think just picking pacy guys would be much better especially when we're talking drains like Umesh and Umran. Be interesting to see how Pakistan goes with 3 pacers who have each clocked 150 though. Let's see if pace in Australia is really the answer.

Where the **** is Natarajan and why isn't he a Bracken clone yet?
Pakistan pace attack is quite nice for those conditions at least for LOIs I think if Shaheen is fit they should bench Naseem &, play Dahani who is ideal pacer to have in those conditions. A 140+ kph guy who bowls back off length at pace & can control runs.
Rauf is nice to have in middle overs & death. Wasim Jnr is good with the old ball.
I would actually love to watch these guys bowl. Fastest attack in the world easily if Hasnain joins in as well. His natural oustwing vs RHB is a threat.
The batting though is completely mediocre. SA will probably coast through both Ind/PaK. If SL qualifies then it would be tough for both.

Natarajan's knees are shot & he is not exactly young to be in consideration. Too injury prone & limited.
Siraj would be great to have but Dravid & TM are completely clueless. Only all phase bowler in country after Bumrah imo.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Lack of 150+ pace (or really any glamour at all) in this NZ touring party has turned off the whole 'let's broadcast it' idea.

The India A vs New Zealand A ODI series will not be telecast or streamed online. You can follow all the live updates from the venue through Sportstar’s live coverage and blogs.

These used to be fun broadcasts back in 2013. Too much backsliding by NZ youth in years since.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, about that. 143kph as an U19 in 2018, then needed an action reconfiguration.

Not that keen NZ domestic viewers would know with any accuracy what Fisher is now. The tech, camera work and commentary of NZ domestic games has deteriorated a bit over the years as well.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Better scoring from Ravindra at last.

He's described his entry into the NZ team as a middle-order all-rounder as "understandable" in one of these newspaper articles. Will Young back in the gun.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably just the rapid burst of T20Is coming up in a NZ tri-series (beginning 8 Oct) that I mentioned.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Van beek just there to make up the numbers lol

And Joe Carter...in the runs again..well well. What a relief, ravindra does something of note finally.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
India A wins the series 3-0... Massive win in 3rd ODI by 106 runs.

Some performance by 19 year old Raj Bawa 4/11 today.
Kuldeep Sen, Samson, Raj Bawa, Rahul Chahar big positives for India.