• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New/uncommon statistics you'd like to see brought into cricket

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the tone seemed to be degenerating and I felt a longer response would not be likely to lead to a constructive discussion.

Edit:
Although granted my response wasn't necessarily the most constructive as it was...

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Number of Female (or Male) ***ual conquests between innings.

Would give us an interesting insight into how having *** affects player performance. The Results could give the WAGs a more pivotal role in preparing players for the big games.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Percentage of benchmark00's posts that are eloquent, interesting and thought provoking

Not high but clearly on the increase. Why?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Ratio of number of texts received or sent on the eve of a match to the number of no-balls bowled the next day.

thierry henry

International Coach
Percentage of benchmark00's posts that are eloquent, interesting and thought provoking

Not high but clearly on the increase. Why?
When did this bloke go from meme-bashing self-proclaimed world's most hilarious internet novelty character to self-proclaimed world-leading authority on cricket? Mystifying tbh.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably the same time you went from nothing to constantly crying about your love life.

Which was 27-04-2003 iirc.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only because you think people care enough to constantly post about it! ffs, who posts pictures of their girlfriend on a cricket forum? Now out of this thread and look at some stats.

Spark

Global Moderator
Back on track now, k?

EDIT: Alright so deleted about 20 posts worth of boring-ness after Flem's post. Moral: don't be boring. Back on track.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I wouldn't say its a vital stat, but I'd love to know stats of fielders with a percentage of times they hit the stumps vs. missed when throwing for a runout.

Obviously there'd be some instances of hitting the stumps from a close range (bowlers) or running up and taking the bails off which would skew it, but it'd be interesting nevertheless.

On top of that, you may see some fielders hitting the stumps more when the batsman is in, but missing when the batsman would have been short.