• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*NEW GAME LMS, starting March 26th* (English Football)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
So, natch, all us inferior slobs get to start again from next weekend. Fixtures from the BBC. Games played 27th-30th March only, please. & could a kindly mod change the title to alert the public we're starting over, please? Ta, ever so much. :)
Can we add a rule that you can't pick the same team to lose twice, too? I mean, the only reason this ended was that people thought it was too dull to bet against Weymouth...

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can we add a rule that you can't pick the same team to lose twice, too? I mean, the only reason this ended was that people thought it was too dull to bet against Weymouth...
No objections, but obv it's up the the old vox populi. Thoughts, persons?
Hmm, seems a tad too complicated for me. Just reckon Brumbers should have a discretion to say "no matches involving Weymouth whilst they're in extremis", or if any other team has this type of thing happen.

EDIT: I do agree something should be done though.

Last edited:

fredfertang

I won't be selecting Weymouth's opponents again - having gone for them twice last time I have to say I'm pleased GIMH won - would have felt embarassed if I had - I have come to the view that picking on Weymouth is not in the spirit of the game - can't imagine a bunch of gents like us requires legislation though

grecian

I won't be selecting Weymouth's opponents again - having gone for them twice last time I have to say I'm pleased GIMH won - would have felt embarassed if I had - I have come to the view that picking on Weymouth is not in the spirit of the game - can't imagine a bunch of gents like us requires legislation though
Nah, we need legislation, I'm afraid there's Aussies that do picks too:ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So for young Samuel's idea:

We have two possibles:

Hmm, seems a tad too complicated for me. Just reckon Brumbers should have a discretion to say "no matches involving Weymouth whilst they're in extremis", or if any other team has this type of thing happen.

EDIT: I do agree something should be done though.
& one definite:

Yeah, like the idea (y)
Anyone else's input is appreciated.

grecian

Tempted to put Rochdale in to be honest. Especially if we play ****ing Russel/Asprilla, but realise that would be disloyal.

So I'll go for Torquay against Mansfield please.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't mind how you do it Brumby, I say do it however you want

After winning with safe bets last time out, gonna stick my neck on the line and back Luton

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Cheltenham. I have no idea who they're playing, I'm just investigating a hypothesis that I'm as well just randomly selecting a team :p

ripper868

International Coach
I like the idea of not backing a team to lose twice as well, there's plenty of options to choose from after all.