• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In a manner of speaking - to avoid being misleading I will treat the question as "Is it something to be proud of?" to which the answer is no

archie mac

International Coach
Does anyone know what SJS is doing nowadays? Haven't seen him in the forum for two months or three...
Last I heard he was organising his sons wedding, but that was just before the bombings:-O I have sent him a few email since but no reply

Although tbf he does this every now and again:)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Where they all stopped from bowling for running on the pitch? Gavaskar used to take the new ball in India and bowl around the wicket to scuff it up for the spinners.

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Where they all stopped from bowling for running on the pitch? Gavaskar used to take the new ball in India and bowl around the wicket to scuff it up for the spinners.
That could be it. I read about the Motz incident when Colin Stuart was banned for bowling two beamers in a Test in Sri Lanka, so remembered it that way.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes indeed - in Gavaskar's case it was in the 5th Test with England in 1976/77 in the second innings - must have been absolutely blatant as he used up his two warnings in the space of the only over he bowled :)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
What do Paul Adams and Vic Marks have in common?

1. Does it relate to something they have done (or not done) after retiring from the game? No

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
What do Paul Adams and Vic Marks have in common?

1. Does it relate to something they have done (or not done) after retiring from the game? No
2. Bowling related? Yes