• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NDTV report 2011 world cup final fixing allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Isn't he a politician now?

I really dunno what is sadder - the politicians trying to get their names out there in headlines with these ridiculous claims, the channel that tries to buy some hits by reporting such things...

EDIT: removed unnecessary and unfair harsh comment
I had no idea Ranatunga was a politician. This article popped up at the top of my news feed.

stephen

I should add that I really hope this isn't true. The 2011 world cup final is held up as one of the greatest world cup finals because of its swingy nature. I would hate it if fixing had occurred.

Starfighter

Seems like sour grapes to me. Just like the allegation from some bitter ex-Pakistan players that MS Dhoni deliberately batted slowly against England to dump Pakistan out of the World Cup last year, possibly over the Pulwama attack. Nothing to do with the fact he's past it and has batted like that, failing to accelerate, for the past several years.

duffer

Strip India of the title like we stripped Melbourne Storm after the salary cap stuff I say
Mate, even if it's true, do you see the ICC having the balls to strip India of the title? They will probably cover it up.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was probably like Steyn's lucky 80 odd against Zimbabwe a couple of years ago.

Edit: it was 60.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I wonder if the umpires were bribed to finishing off the 2007 WC final when it obviously should have been abandoned and the cup shared...

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder if the umpires were bribed to finishing off the 2007 WC final when it obviously should have been abandoned and the cup shared...
I knwo you're trying to make a joke but not the best call.

If it was abandoned when it started to get dark there's no way the cup would be shared, whether duckworth-lewis takes over or play continues the next day, result wouldn't change

Status
Not open for further replies.